“Delicious Home Cooked meals and Amazing Ownership”
Review of The Avocado House

The Avocado House
Ranked #1 of 176 Restaurants in Chino
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Riverside, California
“Delicious Home Cooked meals and Amazing Ownership”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We've always wanted to try this place out for quite some time ... the hours are a bit odd and we always seemed to be in the area on the closed days. On Saturday afternoon, early November we didn't have any plans so we decided to go try this restaurant. We arrived there around 2:30 pm, there was a line as I've heard about...but we didn't mind. When finally got to order our food, a Thanksgiving Sandwich on white bread for me and my boyfriend a House Club on cranberry bread. I ordered the macaroni salad with mine. We sat down inside this cute this house near the fireplace. We were greeted by the owners husband. He was so generous and friendly and made sure we were comfortable. The owner came over to our table and was very apologetic about running our of macaroni salad. The place closes at 3 on Sat. It was not a big deal to me and I just asked for the fruit instead. After our food came out...the owner herself came back out and brought me a buttermilk pancake with her homemade caramelized syrup. I have to say this pancake was delicious, the syrup was too but it didn't even need it. The sandwiches are so good too...We will definitely be going back to this awesome place! We love the owners!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Darcy S

Whittier, California
“Homey Backyard Breakfast”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you ever wished you had a big backyard with several shade trees and someone else to prepare and serve your food...this is the place. Very relaxed breakfast service. Very large portions and the quality of the preparation and service was excellent. Several friends met for breakfast on a Saturday morning, yes, it was busy and you wait in line to order your food but once seated they do everything else! For approximately $10 per person including drinks, we had a varied menus (two us ate vegetarian) and it was delicious. A large family gathering occurred near us but because of the outdoor seating, the children were free to roam and visit the chickens and rabbits in the pens. I would definitely recommend it for a group meal. While seating in the outside is nice, it is folding chairs and portable tables with plastic/oilcloth table coverings.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank PamK1
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great food in a very homey atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I met a friend here for lunch last week. Found the place to be very charming. But the most impressive thing about this restaurant is the food. I got the half sandwich with a salad. Both were awesome! All the food that we witnessed looked absolutely scrumptious!

Since it was my first visit there, I asked the order taker for recommendations. She was extremely helpful and spot on! I can't wait to visit here again!

Visited June 2013
Chino, California
“Delicious Omeletes and Pancakes”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here twice this month after hearing about it from friends. It's like going to your grandmas house but you have to pay!

The Omeletes are great, my wife ordered the garden one and also the spinach and artichoke one and both were fluffy, and satisfying.

The pancakes are very cloud like and good. The thing with the pancakes that takes them to the next level is the home made caramel syrup. It is an absolute must to at least try it, I can almost guarantee you'll love it unless you hate pancakes, caramel, syrup, or things that make your mouth happy.

Also they have a huge selection of toasts and jellies and jams to go with your omelete order.

My favorite combo is the "TAH's Special". It comes with 3 pancakes, eggs, a choice of bacon or sausage. It's a fail safe way to enjoy the pancakes and home made caramel syrup and also the fluffy eggs with perfectly cooked bacon.

• Visited June 2013
San Diego
“Fabulously Fresh Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I met a colleague here for lunch and I will definitely be back to this restaurant. The food was fresh, and everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful. We had 3 people come up to us to ask if we had been at the restaurant before (which we hadn't) and food needs to be ordered inside. We ordered a salad and a sandwich and split both which was plenty of food (and we ordered the smaller of the two salads). I am in Chino for business often and I will make this a regular stop. I was glad to find it!!!

• Visited May 2013