“Best Italian Restaurant in the Inland Empire!”

Cannataro's Family Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 176 Restaurants in Chino
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Chino, California
“Best Italian Restaurant in the Inland Empire!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

If you haven't tried Cannataros then your missing out on one of the top 5 places to eat in Southern CA! The food, people, service and prices are all a 10! Make sure you try the Wedding soup; awesome!

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
“Adorable place with excellent service!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This place does not disappoint! Delicious large plates of pasta, homemade soups, and prompt, courteous service!

• Visited June 2013
Vista, Ca
“Great family type Italian restaurant”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent food in a family type Italian restaurant. Have eaten here several times over the years while in the area. Was just back in the area so we headed back here for a wonderful dinner. Didn't have the pizza this time but have had it in the past and it was excellent. I highly recommend the wedding soup, chicken piccata in lemon sauce and the to die for homemade tirimusu. Friendly wait staff, nice homey restaurant, try and get a booth. Warning, they are very popular, we just got in with a minimal wait on a Saturday night and when we left at 8 PM lots of people waiting. Good location just south of the 60 freeway with easy on/off and lots of parking. Window to kitchen was open just next to front door, they had nothing to hide and you could see what you would be getting from this well run kitchen.

• Visited April 2013
Cancun, Mexico
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Warm friendly atmosphere, sat our group of 12 quickly and waitstaff was excellent. Food was hot and as ordered.. many family members claimed it was the best pasta they'd ever had in the LA area. Everyone in my family complimented the service and food. Highly recommend for families, couples, and business. Anyone wanting great Italian food in a neat place with good service.

Visited March 2013
Chino, California
“Taste Great, more filling, excellent feeling, less billing”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Let me start with this was probably my sixth trip. Repeat business tells you a lot about the quality and value offered at Cannataro's. In my six trips, I've had six different entrees and each was outstanding in its own right. My wife and I get Olive Garden gift cards all the time. We end up re-gifting them, because when it comes to Italian food, Cannataro's is where we go.

The restaurant is not fancy. Just south off the 60 Freeway at Mountain, Cannataro's is in a strip mall. Modestly decorated it still gives a warm feeling upon entering. My family and I got there just before the Friday night dinner crowd. It was already packed. After waiting just a couple of minutes we were seated in cozy booth. Though busy, drink service was prompt along with some delicious, piping hot garlic bread. If I was to have one nit to pick it is the garlic bread is just okay. But we didn't come for the bread.

My wife always orders badly at restaurants. What she orders and what comes out is not quite what she expects. Either in quality, quantity, or flavor. But not at Cannataro's. Like me she has never had a bad meal. On this visit she ordered the sauteed shrimp. My daughter had the kid's spaghetti & meatball and I had the filet Mignon in a creamy wine sauce. I'm normally a pretty basic steak and potatoes guy, but this was probably the best steak I've had in a long time. It came with a blended mash potatoes and spinach and grill vegetables. I'm not a big veggie guy but both of these were outstanding. My wife seemed to like her's also as the plate was cleaned. Even my daughter, who is a picky eater, enjoyed her dinner thoroughly.

The food was brought to us quickly, hot, and well presented. Service was outstanding and friendly. That's another repeat I always look forward to at Cannataro's.

I said I've never had a repeat meal. My wife, on the other hand, always repeats one thing. With her dinner comes a choice of soup or salad. To her, there is no choice. She always, without fail, has the wedding soup. She says its the best every. Any place, any time. She just loves Cannataro's wedding soup. When we travel and wedding soup is on the menu, she will order it. She always ends up disappointed. In her opinion, no one can raise a soup to Cannataro's wedding soup.

Cannataro's wine list is adequate (I'm not a drinker.) My wife always seems to find a new wine on each visit. Like the meals, she is never disappointed.

As others have warned, Cannataro's is quite popular. When we left, the crowd waiting was quite large. They all agree. Cannataro's is worth the wait.

Two other things to note. First, they have a decent size party area in the back for large groups or the family with small children. The front of the restaurant is booths for up to four in a party. Second, and this is definitely not a complaint, if you live in the area, Cannataro's regularly has discount coupons off the total bill in the local advertising magazines. Even without the coupons, we would frequent Cannataro's. The discount is just an added benefit.

As I write this I can't think of an occasion that wouldn't be perfect for Cannataro's. And we can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2012