WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Little restuarnat in a litle city that thinks it is bigger than it is.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Johnnie's Restaurant - CLOSED

Johnnie's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
chico,ca
“Little restuarnat in a litle city that thinks it is bigger than it is.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Food and drink, Ok, but for what it is I think there is too much local hype and I am totally unimpressed with the service. They mean to have good service but , like all small towns, too involved with locals to have consistently good servers.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Chico, California
“Great Place !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went for appetizers and drinks, very busy place with one waitress( Sam ), but we were not ignored or left needing anything, she did a great job of working the whole room.The food was typical bar food (we had calamari and cheese plate) and the atmosphere was relaxed. We liked it so much we went back 2 days later on our way home. Definitely a recommended place if you are in the Chico area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Eggs Benedicts were yummy. Service was great. Very convenient since the restaurant is at the Hotel Diamond

Visited June 2013
Orinda, California
“Salty food and poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Graduation day, and they weren't busy - that should be a clue.
We made a reservation, but they didn't have it when we arrived.
The waitress came over promptly - took our drink order ($10 martini) and appetizer order.
The graduation menu ($29 for tuna) included "tapas" and "petite desserts." My husband and I ordered from that menu..
My son got calamari and a steak.
The drinks were fine, not great. The calamari was salty and rubbery. My husband ordered an appetizer in addition to his tapas. The tapas didn't come until we asked for them mid-meal. His appetizer didn't come either - we had to ask for it twice. The tapas were tiny bits of food on toothpicks, and not in an artistic way - just placed on a plate. They were cold. Was this the "tapas for two graduation dinners?"
My son's steak was small, and dry even though he asked for it medium rare. My dinner was tasteless except for salty. I almost sent it back, but I really don't like to do that. I just gave half of it to my son because he looked like he was still hungry after his calamari and steak.
The petite desserts were nothing special - and there were not two of each - remember two graduation dinners were ordered.
Well, he graduated, so we won't be back, but we wouldn't return anyway.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank likecomfy
Chico, California
“usually poor service, hard to get a parking spot.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Usually Poor service, hard to get a parking spot. food quality always changing sometimes good sometimes terrible, not worth the trouble.