“Really good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Johnnie's Restaurant - CLOSED

Johnnie's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
San Francisco, California
“Really good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Came in for breakfast during a stay at the hotel, the food was really good. While there are many options for breakfast in the central Chico area this one has some nicer options on the menu and is a good place to go to if you want something different from standard fare. I will definitely try the restaurant in the evening next time I am in town.

Visited April 2013

Chico, California
“Disappointing in so many ways”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I haven't been to Johnnie's in a while but our party of five chose the location because they said on the telephone that they serve lunch starting at 11 a.m.

Little did we know that you can come in at 11:00 but you can't sit in the dining room...you have to sit in the bar. The place was empty except for one guy at the bar. I have no idea why we couldn't sit in the more comfortable dining room for our business lunch. The music in the bar was too loud and distracting.

We ordered colas and iced tea. All four colas were flat and had to be replaced. The service was so slow and it took a long time to receive our food. Four of us received food but the fifth was another five minute wait (it was a salad).

The food was below par. The only thing not horrible was the price point for entrees. It was fairly inexpensive. We were hosting two out-of-town visitors and I was embarrassed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
“I hope the new chef makes changes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our waiter repeatedly criticized the chef and the menu choices, the food was less than average. However, TV ads indicate they've made changes. Not sure I have the courage to go again after the bad experience and word-of-mouth that continues.

1 Thank Hardcorefoodie
California
“Forgot to wish husband a happy birthday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

When I made the reservation and when I arrived, I reminded our server it was my husbands birthday and she still forgot. I wish I had forgotten to add a tip!

Visited December 2012
Chico
“Favorite Happy Hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My girlfriends and I love going to Johnny's Happy Hour! Yeah, it is tough to get a table, but for about $20 each, we have a couple of drinks and a plentiful quantity of tasty and diverse little plates of appetizers that we all share. It is the perfect early dinner with friends!

(If my review was helpful, click and let me know. Thanks!0