“Forgot to wish husband a happy birthday” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
California
“Forgot to wish husband a happy birthday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

When I made the reservation and when I arrived, I reminded our server it was my husbands birthday and she still forgot. I wish I had forgotten to add a tip!

Visited December 2012

Chico
“Favorite Happy Hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My girlfriends and I love going to Johnny's Happy Hour! Yeah, it is tough to get a table, but for about $20 each, we have a couple of drinks and a plentiful quantity of tasty and diverse little plates of appetizers that we all share. It is the perfect early dinner with friends!

(If my review was helpful, click and let me know. Thanks!0

Visited August 2012
San Francisco, CA
“Fun bar scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Only had drinks here (the food smelled great though), but teh service and ambiance was top notch. A nice classy addition to downtown Chico.

Visited November 2012
Chico, California
“What happened???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I used to go to Johnnie's once a week for lunch. And loved it. Met a friend for dinner and drinks only to find that they no longer serve dinner. We ordered the calimari as a starter in the bar (because the dining room has limited hours) hoping to be impressed enough to stay for one of their few "tapas" offerings. We both took a few bites of the calimari and decided to move on. The waitress did not return for quite awhile. When she did return she did not seem to notice that we barely touched the appetizer. She simply brought our check as if she knew it was bad and we would be leaving. What a shame. It has great potential I know they can do the right thing; they have done it before.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
California
“SAD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We stopped going to Johnnies because the food was so bad. We decided to try it again with the new menu. The tapas was pathetic. My only reaction was, "What a sad place"! The plates were stacked on the tables and the silverware rolled in napkins like a cafeteria. The food was "gag me with a spoon". The bar was empty on a Friday night. Boy has this place gone down hill. Too bad because it is a nice hotel.