“The best there is in Chico”

Oxford Suites Chico
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stay here two to three times a year when we visit Grandma. It's the best that Chico has to offer as far as hotels. Plus you can bring your fury four legged family!! They have a great little bar that has a kind of a happy hour form 5-9. The rooms are clean and comfortable and if you ever need anything they will try hard to get it for you.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators and if you smoke, ask for one at the end, closest to the doors.
2  Thank TheBigRavioli

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Oxford Suites for business. I've never stayed at this brand before, but the Marriott was sold out so it was my next best option. The front desk staff was very personable and it was a quick and easy check in process. The lobby and hallways look like it could use some updating, the hall carpet looked pretty old, but I was very impressed when I got to my room because you could tell that had just been updated with new carpet and furnishings, very clean. I got a free breakfast in the morning, it wasn't 5 star dinning, but it got the job done, can't complain. Then at night there were free drinks and some snacks in the dinning room! I was very impressed with the service, everyone was super friendly from the front desk staff, to housekeeping, to the kitchen. It was also a great location right next to lots of shopping and eateries. Will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Chico.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Hana K
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Oh my goodness!! We travel a lot, for roller skating contests. Never however, have we stayed at Oxford Suites. We were very disappointed to say the least. We checked in March 29 2014 and left on the 30th. There were 3 of us. There were towels enough for 2 people. We went down to the front desk and asked for towels. Two hours later we were still waiting. We finally had to ask one of the people that clean the rooms. We went back down and asked about the sofa bed. Every other facility we've stayed in is made up all we had to do was pull it out. Not at this one. The person at the front desk said the sheets were up in the closet. I thought to myself. EXCUSE ME?? Then as an after thought they said . Well, we can come and make it for you.. WE MADE IT UP OURSELVES. Couldn't get the DVD to work.
The tub squeaked like a 90 year old house. The body wash and shampoo didn't even lather. The conditioner made our hair like straw.. The toilet ran constantly. To top that off our daughter ended up with a nasty rash... From what, we still can't figure out..
The evening reception from 5:30-9:30 in which, they offer appetizers, had clam chowder soup and salad and I guess that's okay but if you don't eat fish,Not so much for that.. NOT AN APPETIZER TO BE SEEN. We'd planned to have appetizers for a light dinner.. We spent $112.00 for this??? Needless to say
Will NEVER stay there again..

Room Tip: I think I'd look elsewhere..
2  Thank Daryl J
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Chico, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that we did not respond in a timely manner to your requests. We will follow up with our staff, and make adjustments where possible. We typically offer soup and salad at our evening reception, but occasionally have additional menu items. Again, we offer our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I brought abut 56 students, scouting chio state. the bus ride was long, but the servie was awesome! the breakfast was delicious, but the bed was the best part. i got the best sleep i have had in months! I wanted to take the mattress and pillows home. the rooms were clean, and the bathroom was very clean, not to mention the customer service was beyond great!

Room Tip: I slept so good i don't have any real tips for travelers. from all of us that stayed in various...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank FRANCES D D
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at the Oxford with my daughter in late February. She is deciding which college to attend and were visiting Chico State. I chose Oxford based on the reviews and price and it did not dissapoint. Hotel was full the first night due to some events happening in the area, but it didn't bother us. They offer an evening reception from 5:30pm - 9:30pm in which they offer great appetizers and 2 drink tickets good for beer, wine or soft drinks. The hot breakfast each morning was also very good. It's walking distance to a few restaurants (Red Lobster & Olive Garden are the ones I can remember). A shopping center is also right around the corner. If my daughter decides to attend Chico, Oxford Suites is where I'll be staying when visiting her.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank OC-Lynch
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Towels dirty. Carpet old and dirty. Wi-if didn't work. Really bad place. I don't understand the reviews. Everything in the room looks worn down. The wood is scratched in the furniture. The heater worked. Big mistake. Here on business. Shoul've stayed at the Marriott hotels.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Julio C
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Do yourself a favor before you book a room online through services such as Expedia or Hotels.com and call the hotel directly instead. Much better prices and flexibility with your reservation. Sal took great care of me nonetheless!

2  Thank Debbie S