“Very safe and secure for the business women traveling alone!”

Oxford Suites Chico
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Thank you to all the staff at this hotel for making me feel "SAFE" as any women should feel while traveling alone. I also appreciated the great rate that was given me for the extended length of time while in Chico doing business. My first night in Chico was the worst as I stayed at the Holiday Inn due to being a Priority Club Member., but it was the worst experience I have ever had in all the years of traveling as a single business women. (Make sure whenever you travel always have your latch on your door to avoid a strange man trying to enter your room late at night and the management not caring.)
Oxford Suites is the place that made me feel right at home, the staff went out of their way to make me feel like family. My room was very nice and clean with light wood and gentle lighting that was very tasteful.
I melted into my bed after a long hot shower, and boy this shower head had the perfect amount of pressure. I slept so soundly even though the hotel was very busy, as it was the entire time I was in town. I was pleased to know that breakfast was included each day, now this isn't like the nasty breakfast and horrific service I got at the Holiday Inn (which wasnt free), this was a full hot buffet, yummy sausage, eggs, potatoes, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, yoguarts, danish,juice bar ect. .Free Free Free
They had top notch service and the location was perfect as they were surrounded by any type of restaurants you wanted. At night you get the evening reception with two glasses of wine with appitizers and some nights great company.I was so impressed by all of the people I spoke with that simply adore this propety. The atmosphere in the entire hotel was filled with employees that loved their jobs, management walking around and speaking with guests.
This hotel goes above and beyond to ensure that each guest comes back. I wish I had read the reviews before traveling to Chico then I would not have wasted my "first" night at a dive of a hotel. Oxford Suites is ranked #1 and after what I experienced I can say this is true.I told everyone at my bank about my experience and I will be back next month!

Room Tip: I was in the middle of the hallway to avoid doors/elevators
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Tracy J
There are newer reviews for Oxford Suites Chico

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here when visiting our daughter. The location was in the middle of a shopping mart. It was fine if you want to be right next to Walmart and have a car to drive everywhere but nothing is in walking distance. The staff was nice and the room was clean but I felt there was nothing special about it. It looks a little run down and the breakfast was not very good. It is fine if you just need a place to sleep but no charm.

1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed January 7, 2013

OS is a big fish in a small pond as far as accomodations in Chico, which can be slim pickings. Front desk staff was courteous but not especially friendly. My room requests were accomodated. The carpet in the hallway is pretty faded and worn (but doesn't smell), the furniture in the room had quite bit of scuff marks and the room needed dusting; you just get a sense of a nice place in a decline. Nice quality linens and towels, spacious area around the sink for 'stuff'. The sink area is seperate from the toilet-tub/shower (which needs some kind of night light); a good thing for 2 people except that the sink is the first thing you see when you open the door. The room itself feels small as the space between the tv cabinet and the bed is quite narrow, but the other part w/ desk & chair, sofa and coffee table are comfortable. Desk had extra outlets; 'frig was quiet. "Evening Reception" and "okay" breakfast + 'fridge and micro make OS a good value and it is a huge improvement over some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AvonSanJose
Reviewed January 6, 2013

He have family in the Chico area and need a place to stay from time to time. We haven't found a hotel we like any better for its convenient location (near the mall and across the street from a lot of great dining choices). The rooms are always clean and comfortable, and the staff is friendly. The included meals--evening reception and hot breakfast--are very good, and the property is pet friendly (with a daily $35 charge). We'll certainly be staying there again the next time we're visiting the area.

Room Tip: The charge for a pet is $35 per night.
2  Thank ABSims
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Love the staff! We were booked for 5 nights over Christmas holiday, came in even later than expected due to a missed connection at SFO (wound up renting a car and driving). Nonetheless, we were greeted at 3AM Monday so warmly that it made the travel from Michigan (me) and El Paso (my daughter) end on a pleasant note. This was further enhanced by the staffer running the breakfast bar who warmly greeted us with smiles every morning; our last day there, she said she'd miss us and hoped to see us again.

Our room was comfortable, clean, and quiet - a nice place to retire to after each day of visiting with my other daughter who lives in the area.

Room Tip: We were located away from ice machine and elevator on 3d floor, with a room between us and the stair...
2  Thank Karen F
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Wonderful stay over the summer for a month! Took care of everything we needed! They helped us make plans to see the area, the evening reception was great. Also location was excellent! They were very accomodating with furniture and bedding needs during our extended stay and the staff was willing to work with us if we needed something extra. Made somewhere so far away feel like home!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank London759
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The slogan is "Exceptional at an affordable price" and it was that and so much more! Was looking for a nice hotel under $100. We got a two Queen bed 12/30 &12/31 for under $100 + AAA discount. First off, the staff at front desk were extremely courteous and accommodating and then all these little things kept making the stay more and more excellent. Otis Spunkmeyer baked that morning cookies on the counter as we were checking in. Then they offer the luggage help with an attendant that was extremely hospitable. The room was spacious, the beds and sheets were awesome to sleep in, the toiletries were great - the room had all that we needed. Breakfast and evening reception perfect. Very clean and organized. Every staff person was so eager to help and make our stay most enjoyable. Offering things, more than happy to assist - never felt like you were bugging any one. Spa was great! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! And it's across from the Chico Mall for those of us who like to shop and browse. In & Out across the street along with Olive Garden, Red Lobster and next door to Walmart for any needs.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and they will accommodate. Our front desk gentleman asked if we wanted noise o...
2  Thank Michelle J