“Awesome property!!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Orland, CA
“Awesome property!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had an awesome stay. Very clean rooms; professional front desk staff, housekeeping staff was very accommodating; breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful and the reception hour served quality beverages and tasty appetizers.

Room Tip: Room 103 is a great pet friendly room and has wood floors which make it clean for everyone not to me...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chico, California
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Just recently i stayed at the chico oxford suites and it was excellent from the beginning.The greeting was grand,from the front all the way along to housekeeping.The general management is top notch,very professional General chris and asst. nicole.Front desk salvador,andrew ,andy ,cj,herbert,heather,amanda,becka,maria,beth,missy and whittney.The kitchen super. emelio,will,david and on.The bar was a very smart idea with great employees such as hilary and eric.One thing is for sure this oxford suites strives for nothing but the best....Thankyou

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sumner, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We actually did detour off of I-5 just to stay at the Chico Oxford! It's always clean, comfortable and worth the detour!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Eureka, California
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I've stayed at Oxford Suites as a stopping point every time I make my way down to southern California and I have never been disappointed. The service is superior to any hotel I have ever stayed at, and I have had my fair share of time in hotels throughout my years. I'm always pleased at how friendly and welcoming the front desk staff is and the kitchen staff is always pleasant in the mornings. If you travel to Chico, make sure you stay at Oxford Suites, otherwise you're missing out!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Salvador was very helpful in making my last minute reservation today. I will update my review once my stay is complete but we're off to a great start! Thank you very much for accommodating us, Salvador :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

As a much travelled business person, hotels are a sensitive selection process:
Q:There is always something that I need to lessen the impact of long stays
A: I use a blender for quick drinks ( shorten time in restruant) - Oxford came thru

The perks at this hotel is the great breakfast MEAL ( not the usual continental )-complementary. The very helpful and quick to respond staff at the front office/desk and maintenance crew. In addition the free supper supplement / snacks at 6:00 pm each day, ( 2 free refreshments :)) hit the spot after a long day. The onsite washer and dryer and gym and pools are very clean.

The area is usually quiet. The only time I heard outside noise was from the racetrack ( 1 Km away). Some big weekend racing event.

The very good access ( across the street ) to 5 major restruant chains and access to near by major shopping ( walking distance) only add to the stress reducers.

24 hour check in and check out, which is a major plus for me with my changing travel / work demands. There is ample free parking onsite for easy access to your room.

The only negative that jumps to my mind is that they do have dedicated rooms for people that travel with pets ( dogs). In addition, the breakfast area on the weekend , completely fills up. Hmmm

Room Tip: Check to make sure room is not near elevator -quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Monterey, California
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at Oxford Suites in Chico, CA on Feb 16-17, 2012. Their customer service from making the reservation to checkout was absolutely phenomenal! I traveled with my three dogs and even though their policy is two dogs maximum, they had no problem accommodating me. They not only gave me the special deal for Transfer Flow customers, but also gave me a military discount on top. They also were able to provide a shuttle to and from Transfer flow and helped me load/unload my dogs and bags. Their pet friendly rooms, which were recently renovated, were very nice with all new furniture and nice hardwood floors. The room also had a separate living room and bedroom. Most hotels in this category provide only a continental breakfast, but they went a step further with having a full on breakfast with someone there to cook eggs and serve guests. The location is nice with a Walmart across the street in addition to several restaurants. I can't say enough about how well they treated me. I would absolutely stay here again if in the area and highly recommend this place to anyone with pets or Transfer Flow customers!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business