“Oxford Suites, Chico, CA --- FANTASTIC!”

Oxford Suites Chico
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at Oxford Suites in Chico, CA on Feb 16-17, 2012. Their customer service from making the reservation to checkout was absolutely phenomenal! I traveled with my three dogs and even though their policy is two dogs maximum, they had no problem accommodating me. They not only gave me the special deal for Transfer Flow customers, but also gave me a military discount on top. They also were able to provide a shuttle to and from Transfer flow and helped me load/unload my dogs and bags. Their pet friendly rooms, which were recently renovated, were very nice with all new furniture and nice hardwood floors. The room also had a separate living room and bedroom. Most hotels in this category provide only a continental breakfast, but they went a step further with having a full on breakfast with someone there to cook eggs and serve guests. The location is nice with a Walmart across the street in addition to several restaurants. I can't say enough about how well they treated me. I would absolutely stay here again if in the area and highly recommend this place to anyone with pets or Transfer Flow customers!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed February 18, 2012

This place has a great set up for business which I believe outweigh the shortcomings. It has a new feel, the rooms are work friendly, decent business center, meeting rooms, breakfast, drink hour, and the staff are super professional. Its also in walking distance of shopping mall, outlet-like dining options, and the Sierra Nevada Brewery.

Here are the shortcomings:
- The keys are a bit different and take some time to get used to. (In their defense, there are some advantages to not having a magnetized key. Its just a bit different.)
- The wireless internet can only accommodate so many users at one time. If the hotel is close to capacity, you may need to wait or visit the business center to work online.
- The location is nowhere near downtown. Expect to drive if you are headed there or the Chico campus.

1  Thank HumJer
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Oxford Suites is remodeling and I assume I got a remodeled room. The remodeling is going on only in the day, I never heard or saw a thing. Very clean and modern. Free wifi, and an adequate desk for working with 2 plugs at the desk top. Based on other reviews I asked for a room away from the freeway. My 4th floor room was very quiet. There are free drinks and appetizers that looked substantial enough for dinner. A full hot breakfast is provided. The price is also right.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

The service and staff are the best in town., Great location, Great value for the price, Perfect for business travel

1  Thank David A
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Just stayed for three days last week and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very welcoming and professional when we arrived. The room type I had requested was available; high floor, quiet, away from elevator, and away from ice machine. I was impressed with the size of the room and despite what some other reviewers have stated, I loved the fact that the huge vanity was not in with the shower and toilet. That way I could get ready while others were showering, and there was plenty of light to get ready. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but it was adequate. Wish there had been some plain yogurt to eat with the yummy granola. The evening reception with free drinks was also adequate...it's free...what do you expect? All in all a very nice stay and I will stay again next time I'm in town and I recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay somewhere in the Chico area.

Eat at the Sierra Nevada Brewery down the street. Wonderful selection and food is great!

Room Tip: Use the drop down bars on the reservation site to make requests. Stayed on the fourth floor in room...
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Loved the hotel. Clean spacious rooms that feel luxurious. The best part, though, is the friendly helpful efficient staff and the reasonable rate. My favorite hotel on our 3 week vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We came up to visit CSU Chico and stayed here based on a colleagues recommendation. We were not disappointed at all! The staff was very friendly and greeted us with a gift bag of Chico information and water bottles. The evening reception and full breakfast made the rate an extra good deal. My boys enjoyed the proximity to the multitude of restaurants within walking distance and the drive to the CSU campus was a piece of cake. The room was spacious and comfortable and clean. We would definitely stay here again.
One of my sons took advantage of the work-out room and was impressed with the sauna!

1  Thank 209mom