“different treatment booking on Priceline”
Review of Ramada Plaza Chico

Ramada Plaza Chico
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chico
California
“different treatment booking on Priceline”
Reviewed June 28, 2008

When I checked in I was told 'sorry no breakfast or evening reception for you because you booked elsewhere". Made me feel very uncomfrtable. The room was small but nice. Free internet. Glad we only stayed one night.

• Liked — free internet
  • Disliked — treated different because I booked through Priceline
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank happycamper74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Morgan Hill
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I had a large group stay at the hotel for serveral days. I spoke with the General Manager, and he agreed on a price, after 2 days he changed his rates because the city was busy. I pulled my group out of the hotel for this reason.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank ramadamorganhill

Travelers are raving about these Chico hotels

Bay Area, CA
Reviewed May 11, 2008

We stayed at Holiday Inn Chico for a Saturday night. Overall I am satisfied with the stay.

The room is clean and so is the towels and linens. The elevator and bath tub can give you a clue that this hotel is a little old, but otherwise it is really nice.

The hotel staffs are great. I booked through Priceline. As you may know, Priceline does not guarantee room types. I called the next day to request a certain room type, and the hotel gladly gave it to me. Upon checking in, I got the keys to the room and it was exactly what I requested. The check-in and check-out front desk staffs were all polite and well-dressed.

The down side of my stay was about the noise. On that Saturday night, there was some sort of an event with music and live DJ downstairs from 8pm - 2am. At 11pm I could still hear drum bass from my room. I did not complain to the management so I had no idea if they would take care of it if I had complained. The air conditioning was noisy too.

The hotel offers free wired and wireless Internet access and plenty of free parking spaces. This is great because many fancier hotels charge over $15/day for Internet access.

• Stayed May 2008
2 Thank jl_tripadv
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Hotel was clean, although old. I was at another H-I-Express the weekend before that seemed to be a converted Motel 6. This one was clean with nice. The staff was wonderful. I think this one is underrated!

Stayed January 2008
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Had to spend a few nights here while my company was getting my temp apartment ready. The room was very clean and looked recently redone. The bed was on the softer side, which I like, and thought was very comfortable. The pillows were even better - they put synthetic down pillows on the bed of 4 different levels of firmness, and a note saying that if you wanted a real down pillow they would bring you one upon request!

Our room was a standard queen. It had an armchair, a desk and chair, a little fridge, a microwave and coffeepot, and a decent sized TV. The bathroom was standard sized, and the water pressure was EXCELLENT!

Upon check-in, the front desk employees were very friendly. We were given tickets for the hot continental breakfast for each morning we were there. (Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal, cold cereals, bagels, toast, apples/bananas, and several juices. Exactly the same every day, but enough of a variety that I could survive my 4 days). I also received free tickets for a drink at the manager's reception every day from 5-7pm!

In addition, when I informed the front desk that I was missing baggage supposedly being delivered from the airport they did everything in their power to help me track it down. The manager himself invited me into his office and personally called the other Holiday Inn in Paradise to see if it had been delivered there by accident. When my baggage did arrive, they called me promptly to let me know.

Upon check-out I had to leave very early for work, and my husband had to stay until check-out time. They were extremely accomodating with all of the details, allowing him to stay as long as he needed until our apartment was ready.

Another plus is the fact that they are pet-friendly. :)

All in all, I would definitely recommend staying here, although I have absolutely no idea how much my company paid for my room!

• Liked — The service and the pillows! Oh, and the free internet!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank princessbride029
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed December 27, 2007

We booked the hotel via Hotwire, so we got what we got. We figured that a 3 star hotel would be a safe bet, but were we wrong! We had both of our daughters, one of which has asthma, so we confirmed that we had a no smoking room. We were given a room in the 4th floor, which stank of stale cigarette smell. Our room was also smelly, enough to trigger an asthma attack in our child. I went to ask for a different room, and learned that the 4th floor is where all the smoking rooms are, but a few are kept as non smoking! And I suppose their swimming pool has a non-peeing section in it?? sheesh. Anyway, staff was kind enough to change us to a different floor, and with the nicotine fog clearing, we started to notice other unpleasant smells. The place had a musty, kind of moldy smell; sort of like walking into a second hand clothing store. The elevator was dingy, so we took the stairs, but it smelled of urine, as though we were in a public parking lot. The hallways are dark, carpet is threadbare, and wallpaper straight out of the 1970's, peeling from most joints. We thought that the whole place looked shabby until we got into our room, and then it became apparent that it was very very shabby, and not just shabby. The carpet edges did not reach the corners of the room, outlets pulled out of the wall, the heat/AC unit had a mind of its own, the bathroom fixtures had gunk built up all around the edges. Others have called this place "tired", and that's generous. It's worn out, unkempt, run down, and really quite pathetic for a 3 star place. I would classify it as a one star.

PS - I did contact Hotwire to let them know and they were very responsive.

• Liked — Nothing. Could not wait to check out.
  • Disliked — Smelly, dirty, dingy, gross
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Bay_Area_Maximo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 12, 2007

We just returned from a three night stay at the Holiday Inn in Chico. It was decent. Basically clean, although after the second day of stepping around mud or dog poop in the elevator my husband had to ask them to consider mopping it. The room was a basic hotel room with microwave, coffee pot and the world's noisest refrigerator. After the first night we unplugged it in order to sleep. The beds are hard and have springs that poke you, the pillows are terrible. Otherwise the room is fine. Lots of smoke for two days from an adjoining room in spite of the fact that the rooms are non-smoking. I know that's not the management's fault but it was hard on us to have to breathe so much smoke. Breakfast was ok. Gary, the weekend breakfast attendant is awesome, super customer service. There was also a mixup about our points (we used points for the room) and it took several annoying phone calls to sort it out and prove that we indeed had reserved the room for three nights. I'd stay there again using points but there are other much nicer properties in Chico, go to the Courtyard if you have a choice!

• Liked — It was
  • Disliked — cigarette smoke filtering into our room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family