“Great Chico Trip!”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Chico
San Francisco, California
“Great Chico Trip!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to Chico for a friends Wedding. Holiday Inn had offered a great group discount for us, we were traveling with our dog and were able to get a nice pet friendly room on the ground floor. Holiday Inn graciously offered a shuttle to and from the wedding venue. After the wedding we were able to come back and continue the fun in the hotel bar--which has some great drinks! In the morning we were able to grab some breakfast in their restaurant, which was very convenient. The menu had lots of options--a step up from most hotels who serve a buffet with limited options and cold food. I can't wait to come back to Chico and I will stay at the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kate s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Rio Dell, California
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed at Holiday Inn in Chico twice and both times were good experiences. The first time I booked I was with my boyfriend and our little dog. I got a pet friendly room and was upgraded to a 2 bed room, that was very clean and nicely furnished, for the same price as a single bed. The second time I was by myself and the room again was clean and nicely furnished. The beds are comfortable, so it is easy to sleep, and I couldn't hear any noise. The air conditioning kept the room nice and cool. The bathrooms were in great shape and the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion they provide smells nice. The girl at the front was also very friendly and remembered my name. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah K
Brandon P, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn, Chico. We appreciate your review and hope to have you stay with again soon. If you need anything at all please feel free to contact the Holiday Inn at 530-345-2491.
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We flew into Chico by private plane and just called the Holiday Inn at 6:30 pm hoping we could get a room. They happened to have a queen room and sent someone to the airport to pick us up. We were the only people in the restaurant at 8:00 but the food was great and the service was superb.
The room was nice but smallish. A lot of furniture and stuff in a small room. They do have a refrigerator and microwave but there is no complimentary breakfast. Luckily Denny's is right next door. Overall, a very pleasant stay. I would do it again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room was over priced, no continental breakfast. The hotel is living on Holiday Inn name. We booked two rooms at same price, one room had microwave, refrigerator and the other one did not. I brought the matter to the attention of the manager, only then was the price adjusted. The fixtures were 1970's dreary looking and carpet was soiled. We stay in puppy rooms all the time and we know the difference. Bathroom had a moldy odor. All in all a very unpleasant surprise.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear AaronUtah,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the bathroom conditions. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Recently had a business trip to Chico and most of the hotels were booked. I was fortunate to find availability at this hotel but was not looking foward to it as I have not had great experiences with Holiday Inn. To my surprise this hotel had a great restaurant (food was good) and the manager made my stay a very enjoyable experience. I would recommend this Holiday Inn for any business traveler who is staying in Chico.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amberlynn99
Brandon P, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Chico. We are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you stay with us the next time you visit Chico.
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Chico is a cute town and during the summer months the hotels are busy with graduation, weddings & summer travelers so hotels can be hard to find. One of our children got married this summer in which she blocked rooms here because it has easy access off the highway, decent rooms, night club, restaurant and decent price. We found the hotel not particularly a pretty location but it was ok for a few nights. The room was clean, comfortable, and the bed was decent. There is a Denny's next door as well which is convenient as well.

Our only complaint was in booking the reservation I reserved 3 night so when we got there they only had us down for 2 nights, which was terribly upsetting. We did not have a room for the night of the wedding. The guy at the counter just said you don't have a room for the night of the wedding and didn't offer any further help. It was late at night we were tired so the next morning we began our search for a room in another hotel. I finally found 1 last room in town and reserved it. Oddly enough the HI front desk staff didn't even call us to inform us that they had fixed our reservation and they had given us a room for the 3rd night! It was only when I went to the front desk, to ask a question, that I found this out. It was very stressful to say the least but thankful they had fixed it so we didn't have to change rooms right before the wedding.

Not sure we will stay again by choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Gigi805,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Whilst I am pleased with your kind words, I am disappointed to hear your troubles with you reservation. I sincerely apologize for the confusion you had with your reservation and regret the inconvenience this has caused you.

I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken to ensure similar situations will be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
New Jersey, US
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This seems to be the lap of impersonal luxury in Chico. Kind of a generic Holiday Inn. I had a top floor room but it overlooked generic trees and a highway. The room was large, clean, and pleasant and there was a good selection of "luxury toiletries." I got my room through Priceline.com so the price was *okay* but I suspect rack rate would represent over-pricing. Service was friendly and helpful. In sum: not a destination resort, but pleasant enough, especially if you're not particularly budget-conscious.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear BodieBroadus,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is very nice to know that you liked the room and some of its amenities. However, I do apologize that your experience was not what you expected. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Chico you will give our hotel another try.

Karen G.