“Great stay in Chico”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Vancouver, was
“Great stay in Chico”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

A little dated, but a decent property. nice pool and they let you BYOB.
Had a great time in the lounge watching the Salsa Dance lessons. Very interesting and fun.
The restaurant for breakfast was a little slow on the service.

Room Tip: by the pool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tripster50_10
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed watching the salsa lesson in the lounge. I will work with the restaurant staff in regards to their service time to see if there are areas they can work on to speed up there time. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Napa, California
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel a number of times while visiting our children away at college and have always had a great experience. The staff is always very friendly and welcoming and the hotel is very clean. We actually look forward to the breakfast which is included in the price of the room. We were there for graduation in May and the manager remembered us last week and went out of her way to make us feel at home.

Room Tip: I like to be overlooking the pool area. If you are on the first floor you can have a room that open...
2 Thank Hilda G
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your breakfast, and your room overlooking the pool. We hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is awesome in every way. The staff are super friendly. Rooms are very clean and the overall environment is clean and tidy. I had an awesome stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it . This is definitely a come back for me.The drinks were priced well and their staff is much more attentive than before. The Bartenders are Great!! They had karaoke and a DJ two of the nights I was there both of which were enjoyable and brought a fun at friendly crowd.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Anthony S
Lisa M, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you had a great time in the bar and karaoke. We want to thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I travel 90 days out of the year and was thoroughly impressed with the Holiday Inn Chico. Upon my arrival, i was greeted by a cheerful, smiley faced desk clerk named Erin. She informed me that as a Priority Club Member, i was entitled to a complimentary beverage each night and breakfast each morning throughout my stay. Needless to say, i was pleasantly surprised, as the other full service hotels i stayed at while traveling did not offer these perks. I will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn during my future visits to Chico. -One Happy Guest

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank MissReneeMartinez
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always try to do something special for V.I.P guest such as yourself to show you how much we value your business. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
los banos
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Visiting Chico for a wedding. The rooms were nice, but they definitely needed a TV upgrade. Went down to the bar for a happy hour drink, prices were way below bay area prices which was great and staff was friendly. Was informed that they have entertainment on Saturdays. Checked out Sunday morning and had a FREE breakfast down in the restaurant. It was satisfying for being FREE. I would recommend this hotel

1 Thank banoofthevalley
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you had a great time in the bar. I do agree with you that the TV’s need to be upgraded, and they are planned in the near future. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed twice at this hotel. Nice location, decent rooms, quiet and good amenities. This time, I woke up after my first night with several bug bites on my feet and hands. When I brought this up at the front desk, the person on duty could barely avoid laughing at me when she said she would have the manager contact me. It was as if she thought I was conning the hotel. We waited to hear from the manager for half an hour then had to call again to finally get her to call back. She did immediately move us to another room but there was no further follow up. 48 hours later, I have dark red splotches and blisters and am in a fair amount of pain.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Lucindaf2003
Lisa M, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to here that you didn’t enjoy your stay. I understand your frustration with the time it took to have the manager call you back. She did however call you at her first opportunity. We do have a regular pest control company that takes care of all issues for us. We take all feed back to heart, to help is focus are staff on providing superior customer service, and attending to all are guest needs. I do apologize again, and hope you will give us another chance in the future. I’m sure you will not be disappointed.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed September 10, 2012

we have been to many Holiday Inns across the US and this by far was the worst one we have been to. With the exception of the front desk staff nothing was good about this hotel. The free buffet they advertise with the hotel is a joke. You are allowed one egg, one slice of toast, 1/4 cup of fruit and either 2 sausages or 2 bacon and on top of this it is I brought to you so you can't get anymore. I only wanted the fruit and they brought 1/4 cup, I asked for some more fruit and was told that wasn't allowed. REALLY! I then saw the cashier turn a senior citizen away because he wanted some cut up fruit and she told him no it was gone he could grab an apple. Again REALLY! The rooms are mediocre, the ammenities are a joke also.

2 Thank Lisa C
Lisa M, Manager at Ramada Plaza Chico, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to here that you didn’t enjoy your stay. I understand your frustration with breakfast and I will speak to our server, to make sure no other guest has to be bother with this again. We take all feed back to heart, to help is focus are staff on providing superior customer service, and attending to all are guest needs. I do apologize again, and hope you will give us another chance in the future. I’m sure you will not be disappointed.

Travelers are raving about these Chico hotels