“Comfy, Comfy bed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Santa Rosa, California
“Comfy, Comfy bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Reasonably priced, great staff, welcoming room with warm decorating and a exceptionally comfortable bed and a well thought-out continental breakfast. I love their waffle machine!!!! We would highly recommend this hotel for a stay over in the Chico area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chico, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our room was old, tired, and smelled like dirty socks. The bed felt like springs, and our sheets had holes in them. The hotel staff was kind, friendly and helpful, but for the money we spent to stay there, I would choose a different place next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Lisa V

Travelers are raving about these Chico hotels

Chester, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

very accommodating and hospitable. close to shopping, eatery and entertainment. We were pleased with the service. Quiet and comfortable room. Recommend it to friends and others that are passing thru for business or pleasure

REDDING
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

First, I want to say I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions as it is close to the activities I enjoy. The hotel is generally always clean and the staff helpful.

But recently, I reserved several days stay and later learned the price I was quoted on the reservation is not what I was later charged. I sent a email to the corporate office and received no response.

Chico has several hotels to pick from and most are competitive in price. Since I was over charged and the corporate office refuses to work it out, means I will no longer stay there.

1 Thank ghughes135
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. From the time we walked in and were greeted by Nate and Max we felt welcome. The room was great. We had a room with a very comfy king bed. We also had a Jacuzzi tub that was wonderful. There was a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. The was a desk area and a table and chairs. It was very roomy. We slept good too. We had a problem with the remote and while Max was helping my husband Nate gave me great directions and suggestions for restaurants. Nate and Max always acknowledged us as we came and went and made sure we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The breakfast was the usual but with the addition of breakfast sandwiches which we enjoyed. Even though they were busy the breakfast was well stocked and the ladies taking care of breakfast were wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay here again whether business or pleasure.

Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Traveled to Chico, CA to visit Cal State and stayed at this hotel. The building is older than we expected but had very friendly and helpful staff and the rooms were exceptionally clean and nice. The hotel is adjacent tot he highway though the rooms were very quiet. We will be visiting Chico again and will return to the Heritage Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

On a previous US visit I joined the BW Rewards Program to ease future bookings and have never been disappointed. Due to family commitments I chose this property for its fairly central location in Chico and initially planned on staying for at least 15 consecutive nights. My stay ended up being in two parts, the first for 6 nights and then 4 days later for another 4 nights. Although the hotel was fully booked they happily accepted my changing the reservation periods and honoured my online booking rate for both stays and gave me the same room.

The staff were all friendly and helpful and in particular, Justin at Reception who was always smiling and happy to assist. He was perhaps the nicest Reception person I have ever met!

As to the hotel, I was in room 103 facing the front parking area and found it fairly quiet. The hotel is right next to the #99 freeway so rooms at that end could be noise affected.

The hotel's location is a plus and minus. Being close to the Enloe Hospital means Emergency Vehicles can often be heard. Being next to the 99 Freeway makes finding it fairly easy but when coming from the South on #99 the trick is to exit the freeway as if making a left turn onto Cohasset Rd but then making a right turn at the intersection. This allows you to easily turn left again off Cohasset Rd to the hotel entrance.

The room was as I expected and was clean and tidy. Internet wifi was however often spotty and slow. I often found the best place to access the internet was in the reception area which could cause an issue for some. The breakfast doesn't have the selections of some other BW's but it was adequate for me. The swimming pool area seemed adequate although located in a corner of the parking lot next to the freeway and Cohasset Rd.

On one morning there was no hot water due to an unforeseen problem but they happily gave me a discount for that day. All in all the BW Heritage Inn satisfied all of my needs. There are plenty of dining options nearby, particularly the Cosy Diner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo