Quality Inn, Near Chico State
$124
$174
$159
Travelocity
All reviewswithin walking distance of downtownmanager jenniferdowntown areawafflesclean roomsfree breakfast iscollege townfarmers marketbed was very comfortableenjoyed my staywaffle makerfront desk staffstayed one nightair conditionerconvenient locationthunderbirdstate
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Not able to do halves, otherwise I' d have said 3.5 stars. Lots of pluses and minuses to this place. Family stayed there while visiting our eldest at the Univ. There were four of us in the room, and we were a little on top of each other. Overall the pluses outweighed the negatives and I will probably stay there again.
Pluses....micro and fridge in rooms. I like that. For breakfast it was more than simply continental. They had waffles, variety of breads and bagels, hard boiled eggs, sausage, juices. There is a small pool. They have a Pepsi vending machine. Ice machine works great. The beds were very comfortable and they had two queens. There was a nice sized tv and hutch. The sinks and mirror were outside the shower and tub, which was nice with four of us! There is an in room safe large enough for laptops. The price was great! It was at the edge of downtown, which was a mixed blessing. Much of the staff was very helpful.
Negatives...the walk to the very far edge of campus was a good 15-20 minutes. I thought it was closer (though not because they misled me, my bad.) Somewhere near our room someone was smoking pot. Never saw anyone, but it was distinctive smell, and I am allergic. Happened a few times during our stay and when I called down to the office and was told" well it IS a college town". I know they were referring to fact we were downtown and people would be walking by, but I still expected they would do a walk about or show some amount of outrage or something. There was yelling across the hotel a number of times. I wish the breakfast offered fruit and danish or donuts. I had some staff that seemed unconcerned and un- knowledgeable. I asked for directions to university parking and to the movie they're and two different staff didn't know what to tell me and didn't seem to be concerned. I had a request, and the staff was very sweet and accommodating, but promptly forgot about us and didn't complete the two until 2 hours and 2 calls later. There is no jacuzzi/spa, which is obvious from the site, but a bummer. The pool is clean, but small with no real sitting area and was not open yet during our April trip. There was no tv channel listing and a number of channels kept scrambling.
The positives far outweighed the negatives, and some of the negatives were more personal preferences.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Mina J, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time write a review based on your experience with our hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, but are happy you felt that the pros outweighed the cons. We can definitely use your feedback to help drive our staff be attentive and knowledgeable about our guest's needs.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Again, thank you.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is my second time staying in Chico, a couple of years back I stayed further back on Broadway. I tried to save $20 and let me tell you, getting a $89 room for my wife, daughter and I with two queen beds much closer to campus was a great upgrade. If my daughter goes to Chico, I will defiitely try to book here first. My wife and daughter and I were very comfortable. We were on the second floor, no noise, good insulation, everything worked, beds were great. The location if perfect for walking downtown to have dinner almost anywhere. I recommend reading some reviews, but really walking around downtown and look at the choices. We ended up liking the vibe best at Tres Hombres.... Recommended if you are interested in nuevo baja mexican quisine on a big scale (not a cozy little restuant, but plenty of cozy corners...., see the review :-)
Now the girl that was checking everyone in and running the show did a fanstastic job of keeping folks happy. Our remote was gone and she got us a replacement, lickity split even though short handed.. Now the breakfast bar in the morning was the best of our three hotel. Had the waffles, eggs, sausuge, coffee, fruit and muffins, oatmeal and hot water. The room was nicer, the food was about the same as all the low-mid priced hotels and the location just about perfect. Chico is a nice little city in the middle of nowhere :-)

Room Tip: top floor is the way to go if you don't mind the stairs
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Mina J, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the room you were staying in and that breakfast went above your standards.
Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed there with my sister and mother in another room for a visit with my other sister. Nice clean hotel with a good location to walk almost everywhere we needed to go to eat or shop. The street market on Thursday was just down the street and nice to go to. The rooms were clean and the staff very pleasant. We liked it so much, we are going down to visit my sister again and staying there once more. Loved the old sign in front for the Thunderbird Hotel is probably was once. Glad they saved a piece of history and didn't tear it down.

Room Tip: Back rooms were quieter. It is on a busy main street but everything is set back as there is a Mexican restuarant in front that my sister said was very good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Mina J, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable to us! I'm happy to hear that we made a great impression on you and that you will be staying again in the future. If you were fond of the particular room you were in, you can always make a special request to be placed in that room again on your future stay! If we have it available, we will always accommodate our guests and do our best to fulfill their wishes, make them happy and make them comfortable.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a great place to stay. The room is spotless, the staff fantastic and the breakfast was great. We even had a personalized note from the staff on Christmas Eve when we checked in.
Over a course of a week, we stayed various times and each time the staff at the front desk were very friendly. Each room we had was clean and spacious. We wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the inside are quieter as the street in the front tends to be noisy on weekends.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Podunct
Mina J, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Your feedback is important to us and helps us to improve the quality of service for all of our guests.

We thank you for your compliments regarding our room cleanliness. Our staff works very hard to make sure that each room is immaculate for our guests and take the time and effort to make sure that all the details of the room have been finely touched.

I hope that you will return to our hotel in the future, you will undoubtedly be greated with a welcoming smile from our front desk agents.

Again, thank you.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This isn't a five-star hotel but for the price, you can't beat it. The room was nothing special but it was fine and the location is great--walkable to just about everything. Would recommend to anyone staying in Chico on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Californienne1980

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us to improve the quality of service for all of our guests.

Our location is one of the many reasons why guests love it so much here! We are within walking distance of many shops, restaurants and Chico State.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us and hope that you will stay with us again on your return trip back to Chico.