“All Around Cool Spot”

Quality Inn, Near Chico State
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Chico
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Upon arrival, the staff member was very friendly and checked us in expediently. The room was beautifully furnished and clean. The pool area and outside environment was also clean and the cleaning staff friendly. We'd absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
manager715, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a review for our motel.We appreciate your feed back & time.I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my staff.since it is always a source of inspiration towards the guest satisfaction service.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Thanks,
Mina

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I was impressed with hotel and it started with the service. The front desk lady was nice and polite. When I got in to my room I was impressed with the beds and a nice tv. The room was a little small but still nice. The room was clean and quite. I can say when you wake up in the morning plan on going out for breakfast, because they offer only the basic cereal and bread. For what they charge I would think it could be a little better. Besides all that I would start there again. I was a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
manager715, Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear guest,

We really appreciate your time .we always work hard to feel our guest " HOME AWAY FROM HOME"
Your comments always been inspiration to all our team including front desk,house keeping & maintenance.

Thanks,
Mina

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

After reviewing several day and reading several reviews about each hotel we chose this hotel. It was ironic that after twenty years almost the the month I was back in the hotel that I stayed at before we started football training at Chico State. But back then it was called the thunderbird inn and let me tell you it's like night and day. The rooms seemed to have been remodel not to long ago, the beds were comfortable. He had asked for a crib and they were able to give us one but we had asked if we could have a second floor room but they said that because of the crib we had to be on the first floor; I didn't get but I didn't want to make a big deal about it. Their breakfast was very simple not out of this world but it hit the spot. The other thing was that our rooms sink was not working it seemed clogged and it didn't seemed to get better but I didn't report it to the front which I should have done. My only other gripe would be not allowing smoking at the pool area. We enjoyed it a lot and as for people saying that they could hear the neighbor tv is because the AC is very loud and as you are trying to hear the TV you have to raise the volume then when the temprature is met the AC turns itself off then the TV sound is loud; so I was always moving up and down with the volume. I also the lo location right across the hotel on the side street I think it's 7th there is a ice cream shop were they make their own ice cream, yum. Also it's far away from the noise of the downtown crowd but close enough to do all the night life of Chico if that is your thing and having a breakfast lunch place right of the corner on the same block as the hotel gives it a step up from other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Since my first review a few years ago when the refurbished Thunderbird motel became a Quality Inn, I have stayed here several times. My last stay was about a year ago, and I will be returning again next October, (I have my reservation booked already!) The grounds, pool, and rooms are very clean, the desk and housekeeping staff are friendly, and they do their best to accommodate guests that request room location preferences. I am looking forward to my next stay, and have recommended this hotel to friends. Second floor rooms facing north (from room 212 towards the back of the hotel), tend to be a bit quieter than those nearer towards the front, mainly due to traffic noise on Main Street especially on weekends.

Room Tip: Request a room facing north on the second floor, a little further away from main street.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Now that our daughter is attending Chico State, we've stayed at the Quality Inn a few times. It's our hotel of choice - close to campus, walk to downtown and next door to my favorite antique shop. It's clean, comfortable, and serves breakfast. The staff is always accommodating and eager to make our stay pleasant. We will come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DeniceBravo
Reviewed July 13, 2012

No need to spend a fortune to have good, clean accomodations in Chico, especially when this hotel is so convenient. The hotel was comfortable for us in all ways and would stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

An older motel that's been renovated and brought into the 21st century. Conveniently located near the local food co-op (for those who might be so inclined). Got a great price via Priceline. Better quality overall than the comparably priced Best Western, which I've stayed in before. It's on a busy main drag, but unlike others, I didn't have any problems with noise (but, then, earplugs are a must when on the road). Decent light breakfast. No elevator, so second floor could be difficult if you've got heavy luggage.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo