“Clean and comfortable...”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Chico
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean and comfortable...”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hotel is always extremely clean with newer appliances and comfortable bed. Got a great price online after some searching. The rooms are small but very warm and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank mootzymom
manager715, General Manager at Quality Inn, Near Chico State, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you kindly for sharing your experience. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your review with our team that we made your stay comfortable.
thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed January 12, 2012

They allege that they have a year-around pool yet it is outside & unheated, hence unusable in January. They said there was a hot tub. There is no hot tub, only jacuzzi's in selected rooms, but not ours. The room smells like strong chemicals. The refrigerator is broken & the desk clerk was rude & attempted to put us in a room with 2 queen beds when we paid for a king. The promised balcony is merely a railing over the parking lot.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank MarvinMadeline
bay area
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We have a child who is a student athlete at Chico State. Given that we plan on attending as many home games as possible over the next four years, I was looking for lodging that is reasonably priced, close to campus, as quiet as possible (in a college town), and clean,clean, clean. The Quality Inn, Chico is exactly the place I was hoping to find! The manager was incredibly pleasant when I was making our reservations over the phone, and Jennifer was equally as pleasant when we arrived at the front desk. Without even asking, she assigned us to a quiet, two queen bed room. After securing our room w/a credit card, Jennifer asked me to initial a form explaining the motel's policies, which included acknowledgement of quiet hours, no smoking and no partying. You mean there actually was a chance that we would get to sleep that night? Yes! Yes! Yes! I happily initialed the form! Jennifer informed us of breakfast the following morning, and suggested a few good restaurants in the area for dinner. What a gracious way to begin our stay! Our room was indeed in a quiet location, was plenty large in size, newly remodeled, and clean, clean, clean!!! (But not offensively "Pinesol" clean.....Thank you for not using that stuff!) It had a good sized mini fridge, small microwave oven, and very small coffee maker. The beds were firm, just the way we like them. A previous reviewer commented on the size of the pillows, so we brought our own. However, it wasn't really neccessary. The 4 small square pillows on each bed are standard pillows that have been FOLDED into a square to fit on the bed. All you have to do is shake them out, and you have 4 full-sized pillows on EACH bed. 8 pillows for our room were plenty to suit our needs.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the breakfast because, for the first time in YEARS, we slept until 10:00am!!! (The breakfast ends at 9:30am.) That pretty much says it all. Any place that is clean, quiet and comfortable enough for us to sleep until 10:00am, is at the top of our list! We're looking forward to many future week-ends at the Quality Inn, Chico!

P.S.
One comment: Although there is No Smoking in the rooms, it seems that smoking is allowed OUTSIDE of the rooms. One time during our stay, we did smell cigarette smoke from someone who was smoking right outside of their room. (Of course, the smell of smoke is going to drift into any room in the vacinity of the smoker.) Given that I'm highly asthmatic to cigarette smoke, this could have been in issue. We waited to see if it occurred again before making a complaint, but it did not. It would be my suggestion that smoking not be allowed on the ENTIRE property AT ALL. (Many motels/hotels are non-smoking properties.) Fortunately, it didn't become an issue. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the property.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank littlemama3
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Quality Inn. we are so glad that we made your stay delightful. We will see you next time you are in the town,
San Mateo, California
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I was on my way to Vina CA for a Christmas weekend retreat at the New Clairvaux monastery and wanted to avoid Bay Area holiday traffic so I came up a day early and stayed at this lovely Quality Inn. It is located very close to downtown and a way from the highway traffic unlike some of the new hotels in Chico.

The check-in staff were friendly, kind and accommodating. They gave me an even better rate than the one I got with the coupon from Trip Advisor. The room was in the middle of the hotel and was clean and quite. For the price, it was nicely appointed with a great flat screen tv, little frig and hair dryer. Lots of pillows on the bed, which could have been firmer for my tastes but for the price, it was just fine. The heater worked great and I am sure it would be fine as a air conditioner, too. There were lots of options for the free breakfast, but be prepared for lots of carbs. There are hard boiled eggs, but that's about it. The coffee and orange juice are tasty and free. The waffles are made hot and were quite good. They even had sugar free syrup.

The best part for me was that they have kept the Thundbird lodge signage. I use to come here as a kid with my grandparents on our way to Red Bluff. It brought back all sorts of nice memories.

Overall, the best low cost stay I have enjoyed in a long time.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor in the back where it's quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Cynthia B
Orange, CA
Reviewed December 14, 2011

My duaghter was touring Chico State and we stayed at this hotel strictly based on location. It is very close - easy walking distance to campus. The staff was very friendly and also helpful. They unsolicted told us to leave our car in their parking lot we we vistited the school. Rooms are very clean and up to date. Price is right too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RThopmson
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I took a business trip and stayed at the Quality Inn, it was perfect, guest services really catered to my every need. The continental breakfast was just right to start off my day,and when i came back from my meetings there was nothing like relaxing in a beautiful pool in the California sun!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Quincy, California
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Very friendly staff, good breakfast, everything was very clean. Employee asked what we were in town for and I told her to get my wife out of the house for a quick romantic getaway and she put me in one of her quieter rooms above the lobby. Street noise does exist, but not any more than any other hotel in the area. Great location within walking distance to downtown.

Room Tip: Just ask the clerk.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple