“Clean, Friendly Staff, Great Location and Price”

Quality Inn, Near Chico State
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Chico
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I waited until the last minute to book my room due to my wariness of staying at any hotel in the downtown area. The reviews on the various hotels in the general vicinity seemed poor, if not scary. After hours of comparing hotels and prices, as I was traveling on a budget, I decided to book this hotel and spend around $100 for a night. I'm happy to say my decision was the right one. It was easy to find the hotel and its location made it perfect for walking with friends to several shops and restaurants downtown. There's a great candy and ice cream store right by the hotel. The hotel and grounds were clean and nicely remodeled. The lobby was very nice and inviting. The staff was friendly and accommodating; I decided to upgrade to two beds upon checking in. My upgrade was handled quickly, with excellent customer service. My room was clean and in excellent condition. The recent hotel remodel is apparent and very nice. A microwave and mini fridge came standard with the room. In the morning, after good sleep, I took a swim in the pool. It was clean and warm. The pool area is decorated with tropical plants. The plants combined with the bright colors of the hotel itself created a nice island getaway feel. I forgot I was in Chico for a while! All in all, if you're looking for a modern yet charming hotel in a good downtown Chico location, I have to say this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: September 2011
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn, Near Chico State

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Room smells ok - new carpet and drapes. Bed ok. But the pillows are as small as a couch cushion and when asking for more, we're told, no we don't offer more pillows. Their guest info book says, "If you are not satisfied with our accommodations or service, please let the front desk know without delay so we can make it right". It should include the caveat "or ignore completely!" I'm non-plussed...... and won't be back......

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank leftie9
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed one night on this hotel because it was dog friendly. It was clean..quiet..average. I'd stay again.
We had plans to meet family for dinner at a restaurant. I called the hotel to inquire as to whether they were aware of any one who might offer dogie care in the area. The lady who answered the phone at the hotel thought I was crazy..and was no help.
I did some research and called The Canine Connection to see what their hours were..Long story short, one of the employees of this place said he would stay with our dog in our room while we went out. He was prompt and all went well. We took our valuables with us so there couldbe no question as to nything missing, He was a stranger after all..If anyone wants to avail tyhemselves of this service, PM me. I'll share..)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dee2673
Reviewed September 25, 2011

What a great place to rest your head at night after a long day of biking, shopping, eating, beaches, and maybe even visiting Chico State U. (which is only a short walk)! Everything is very close, very beautiful, and very VERY clean!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed here while on a pilgrimage to Sierra Nevada Brewery, with my partner. We stayed one night. It was clean, quiet and economical. The room was on the small side but it was very clean and smelled good. The AC worked well, it was hot outside. If you are traveling alone, this is a good safe place to stay. You are asked to sign a "no party" contract which we appreciated. In the morning, we walked to the natural food store for groceries, went for a swim in the pool and then we were on our merry way.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Though small rooms, they were spotless and well appointed. Nice new, clean rug, very comfy pillow top bed, big flat-screen TV, very satisfactory breakfast in the morning. Good Wi-Fi connection. Bring your map and address though as hard to find off the highway as no signs, and Chico tricky to find your way around. Lots of restaurants in a 4-block area but be aware it is a college town and all the facilities and downtown area full of noisy young people and loud bands, including the restaurants. Too much activity for us so we drove across the highway to a great Japanese restaurant. Only complaint is the shower had needle-sharp jets of water and you could not adjust to anything else, nor could you adjust water pressure, so shower was actually painful. Nice little pool, which is handy because this area gets hot in summer and early fall.

Room Tip: Rooms are all facing same direction. No real "view" but location is near lots of downtown...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Loved the look and feel of this room. Really nicely decorated and clean.
The Flat screened TV was nice.
Within very close walking distance to all of downtown Chico events and restaurants.
This is a Motel so there are no elevators for those who may need one.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple