“Best in Chico”
Review of Hotel Diamond

Hotel Diamond
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed May 12, 2009

This is a great place to stay while visiting Chico. It's close to all the things I love: downtown, the Bookstore, Pete's, awesome salads at Pluto's, Fleet Feet, and Bidwell Park.

The staff was very friendly. My room was quiet & very beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable. I will stay again. Thank you Hotel Diamond!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking your time and positive review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 19, 2009

The Hotel Diamond is a beautiful, nicely restored hotel in downtown Chico. It's impressive staircase and entryway or reminiscent of an old grand California home. The staff are incredbily friendly and helpful. Your stay comes with a $10 coupon good at the attached restaurant, Johnnie's. The bar at Johnnie's has always been crowded when we've visited and the food is good...nothing out of this world...but very good. My only drawback would be that it's a bit steep in price for a small town like Chico. That being said, it is worth it if you can afford it because we've stayed at the Vagabond, Days Inn and others and they don't even compare to the Hotel Diamond. I'd definintely recommend it!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We take great pride in providing the best service possible. We look forward to your future reservations.

Reviewed April 2, 2009

My mother and I came to Chico to check out the University and we made a reservation at the days in up the street and the door was bashed in and it was St. Patricks Day and my mom did not feel safe so we drove and found Hotel Diamond and I have to say we could have chosen a more friendly or homely place to spend our night in Chico. We never wanted to leave.

• Stayed: March 2009

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2009

This building was under construction ALL during my time at Chico State. They finally got it done, and it was worth the time. Affordable, right in the center of downtown, great kids behind the desk, they called to ask how things were just a little bit after we checked in. I have nothing bad at all to say about this place. I'm sure it will be full on busy weekends, but lock in a reso if you can.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your time and positive review. We look forward to your future reservations.

Reviewed February 20, 2009

Traveling through Chico we decided to stop and have dinner. We ended up staying at the Hotel because it was to nice to pass up. I will now stop in Chico every time I am traveling through for work. The Hotel is so nice and the beds are so comfortable! I could not believe the price for such an upscale property.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 11, 2009

I recently stayed at Hotel Diamond while visiting my cousin who attends Chico State University. I was impressed with the genuine nature of the employees who worked there. Once the Front Desk knew my name, I never passed through the lobby without being a warm welcome or friendly greeting in which the staff addressed me by my name.

The continental breakfast in Johnny's Restaurant is a full spread in the morning with made to order omelets. The chef is a colorful character who knows a lot about the town and the history of the hotel.

The hotel is charming... wonderful amenities, great staff, and I've never slept so well. Definitely a must stay!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lindsey H

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We take great pride in providing the best service possible. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed February 10, 2009

We took our son to tour Chico State and the Hotel is very close to campus and provided free parking. We were able to walk around downtown and get a feel for the city. The best part of our stay was the breakfast at Johnnies, wireless internet, and passes to the gym. The upgraded rooms are worth the extra money.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future stays.