“Average, nothing special”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Patterson, California, United States
“Average, nothing special”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Clean and quiet, but wasn't impressed with the bed. Felt cheap, too soft, flimsy. Linens were nice, but didn't make up for cheapness of the mattress. Bathroom was small and they use very cheap toilet paper! Not a $150 per night hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Michael M
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you felt that way about our beds, we have them specially made just for our hotel but cannot always satisfy all body types. We hope that you did enjoy the other immensities of our hotel and might reconsider our hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Location, staff and hotel is hands down the best in Chico. Could use some focus and improvement on the rooms but we will return to the Hotel In the future. The gym is a two mile drive away but worth the trip with a large facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your time and positive review. We take great pride in providing the best service possible. We are happy to hear that you were able to utilize our Inmotion Fitness partnership. We look forward to your return!
Salinas, California
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I try to stay at the Diamond every time I come to Chico,if I can get a reservation!! It is a very popular place to stay. Located in beautiful downtown Chico,it is close to everything. The rooms are exquisite! The management go out of their way to provide excellent customer service! It's a home away from home!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. It is our goal to provide the best service to our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and the positive review. We hope to see you soon.
Danville, California
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Diamond probably 5 times in the last 18 months. It is my favorite because of the location, parking is close and covered. The staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are nice and clean. This last time I had to stay in chico without my husband and I would only stay at Hotel Diamond. It has a nice lobby and I could enjoy the bar and music and go upstairs to my room and not have to walk back to a hotel in the evening. The problem is I've told so many of my friends about how great it is I can't get a room anymore on the weekend!

Room Tip: I would ask the desk staff. They are very nice and they have worked there a long time and can give...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa R
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your time and positive review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stays with us and it is always a pleasure to have you. We take great pride in making sure that our guests have the best experience possible. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked a room with a full bed through Expedia, which failed to mention the room was the size of a shoebox.  This became a problem when our 12 year old daughter came with us at the last minute, and the clerk informed us there wasn't enough room for a rollaway bed.

The place was sold out, so there were no other options on the property.  When we suggested we might find another hotel, we were told we would be hit with a cancellation fee.

Another hotel staffer helped me find a set of cushions we made up into a bed on the floor.  I got the bill today and saw we were charged an extra  $15, as if we had used a rollaway.

To top it off, the full bed in the room had a wooden headboard and footboard, making it impossible for me the sleep without curling up.  Anyway, it was a rough night for all.

I went to the Hotel Diamond's Website tonight and saw that the room is described as "petite" and "cozy."  I wish that information was provided to the third party booking sites.

Again,  it's a nice place, but be careful if you book a room at the lower end of the price spectrum.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank George W
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear about your misfortune of receiving a small room and I'm sorry that we could not accommodate you better. We are a boutique hotel, which means that we only have 43 rooms. We are very popular during certain months due to our location and sell our very quickly. We usually recommend that you book about 2-4 months in advance. Also we have round the clock staff on hand to answer any and all questions to help make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Westwood, California
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Hotel Diamond is located right in downtown Chico and we were thinking it might be noisy, but it was very quite and very elegant. Our room was lovely, very beautifully decorated. The shower was a walk in, which was perfect for my husband, who is in a wheelchair. It was easy and fun to walk around downtown and we ate at Tres Hermanos, which was absolutely delicious!!!

Room Tip: Our room was very spacious and quiet, it was handicapped accessible, which probably added to the siz...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found our wheel-chair accessible rooms to be accommodating. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to your future reservations.
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband & I stayed there while we moved our daughter into the university. It was a great location. Nice breakfast, comfortable beds, very nice staff. The only very slight negative was that the room was a bit small/crowed. Overall it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. It is our job to provide the best service possible. We are pleased that you had a very nice stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.