“Perfectly pleasant”
Review of Courtyard Chico

Courtyard Chico
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed October 27, 2008

The Marriott Courtyad Chico was our hotel when visiting Chico to meet friends during our honeymoon. It was easy to find and access (although maybe not an ideal location if you want a stroll around city centre) and the Reception staff was friendly and efficient. The room was nice and well equipped.

Stayed: September 2008

Reviewed June 20, 2008

The Chico Courtyard is typical Courtyard...ok quality, but management leaves much to be desired. When I mistakenly left a suit jacket and slacks in the closet and called back to ask if they could retrieve it, the manager asked me how I could prove that I left it there!
In addition to insensitive management, this experience also suggests to me that the housekeeping staff is either dishonest (by keeping my clothes rather than turning them in) or careless (by not checking closet when they clean).
Hard to understand why they could be so indifferent to personal property of their guests, and it makes it hard to recommend this Marriott property, which also manages the adjacent Residence Inn.
Strong suggestion that travelers use one of the many other options in Chico.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Chico does not have tons of luxury hotels, so with this in mind the Marriot is a true step above the rest in the area, and is very reasonably priced. Our room was nice, very clean, and the bed was comfortable. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in the area. They also provide internet access (with printer) in the lobby, this was very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We stayed here while visiting Chico for 3 days. It's the usual Marriot accommodation with clean room, reasonable rate and nice staff. I have stayed in quite a few Courtyard Marriot's and like the idea of knowing what to expect when you make the reservation. This hotel is close to the 99 hwy. and convenient proximity to the Chico area. There are not a ton of choices to stay while in Chico, so this place was just fine. The only downside was the overwhelming smell of chlorine from the indoor pool area when you entered the building from the side door entrance and you can smell it even on your way up in the elevator. Not too pleasant, but once we arrived on the 3rd floor where our room was, it wasn't an issue. The bed was not so comfortable. It was pretty hard for my taste. My teenage son stayed with us and he used the pullout sofa bed and he had no complaints, but the mattress looked pretty thin and uncomfortable.

The room has your coffee maker and I noticed the refridgerator in our room was pulled out of the usual space where there should have been one. I missed being able to put cold drinks in.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank tishtop
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Extra clean, great breakfast - small fee, well worth it. Nice staff,
good location to hwy 99 and Chico state. I would stay there again. Mike M

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Reservations for 3 nites but left after 1 --after leaving our room in the a.m. we were robbed . Let's just say the beds were made but the room never quite got cleaned. We called Chico Police and got great cooperation and thank goodness for those room pass-keys, they can prove who comes and goes!
Check out the pics, this is how I found my bag when I returned The other pic is how we found the bathroom door, dirty rag on door handle for what, fingerprints??? . Come on!
But did I mention how incredibly RUDE tand hostile they were to us? See what happens when you interrupt people "working".

4  Thank beth_rose07
Reviewed December 17, 2007

Nothing to write home about but a nice property right off the freeway that lives up to the "Courtyard" name. It shares a parking lot with the Marriott Residence Inn and is located next door to a Pete's Pizza (a Northern California chain) with sit-down service.

The staff was very friendly and honored my request for a high floor room near an elevator. My room overlooked the miniature golf course, skating rink and batting cages, directly behind the hotel - The golf course has lights so I suspect that during warmer months there could be a noise factor up to a certain time of the evening. In December, the foursomes were gone by 7pm although the lights remain on for a few more hours.

While the Pete's Pizza is good for dinner (sit-down, menu service) there are several other chain restaurants within driving distance nearby (Red Lobster, Marie Calendars, etc.) but do yourself a favor and drive to downtown Chico for a great atmosphere and select from several great local restaurants. If you don't want to journey too far from the hotel, across the freeway about a half a mile is the Italian Cottage Restaurant which is excellent for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The hotel does offer a local service for delivery from several of the area restaurants for anyone without transportation.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family