“Just what we wanted.....and a great staff”
Review of Courtyard Chico

Courtyard Chico
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Sutter Creek, California
“Just what we wanted.....and a great staff”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

So, one of those modern situations....two couples and everyone has a different last name. Still, no issue checking in, lots of friendly jokes and lots of information on where to go, what to see, etc. We are regulars at Courtyard by Marriott, we love them in most cities where we stay. So, the difference is, when the staff loves their jobs and it shows. This is one of those places.
The only comment I have is that the carpeting in the hallways is getting worn, but the rooms are crystal clean with a new linen scheme. We enjoyed our stay and will return when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Actually this hotel is far enough off the highway that most any room on an upper floor is good. We...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Tyler G, General Manager at Courtyard Chico, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff will be so happy to hear that you had such a great experience! Also I wanted to let you know that we are scheduled for a room renovation in the next year and will be replacing all guest room and hallway carpet. Thank you again and I hope we will see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Delmont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First of all, this hotel is in an excellent location with easy access to the highway. That's one way it's ideal. But, the rest has to do with the place and the people. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcome and relaxed. The lobby is the new variety with The Bistro and comfortable seating. The staff couldn't be nicer. I heard a young couple asking the receptionist about bus service. She didn't know herself, but went to look for someone who could help. The servers at The Bistro were fabulous! Nothing was too much trouble for these guys. We had breakfast there every day for amazing prices and quality and we had drinks in the evening which we took outside to a cute, though small, outdoor space.
The rooms are standard Marriott, spacious, clean and attractive. One con is that the bathroom door always closes unless you prop it open. Makes you feel like you're incarcerated because it's so heavy. I did have a minor emergency. I was drying my hair to go to dinner and the dryer stopped working. I called the front desk and within 10 minutes, I had a new dryer.
I would go back to this Marriott any time I am in the area. The Courtyards may all be similar, but the people and service make the place here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GitanaUSA
Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience at our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. They will be so happy! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The room was clean and the pool area was nice. I appreciated the fact that there was a dedicated computer in the lobby for checking in with the airlines. It was not turned on and running though. I had difficulty accomplishing this task on the other computers in the lobby. Hot drinks are available in the morning and are kept out until the run out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NewName123
Tyler G, General Manager at Courtyard Chico, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and pool area. I appreciate you mentioning the issues you experienced with our lobby computers. I have had the compters serviced and the connections updated. Thank you again and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very unusual for me to experience "surly" desk clerks at a Marriott property but there were at least two out of three that were just that during my stay. I attempted to purchase some items in the snack shop and could tell I was a nuisance to the gal at the desk who did not want to be bothered by my questions. Their freezer wasn't working so I asked if they had any ice cream and all they had were small containers of Ben and Jerry's. When asked she quoted me a price of four dollars, but then when she looked it up on a computer it was six-something......no thanks. Don't quote me a price and then say oh no, it is much more! My room on the first floor had black mold growing behind the wallpaper next to the shower, and mold on other parts of the shower. My intention was to tell the checkout clerk about it but she was just as rude as the previous evening's clerk. Only good thing about this place is that they are defying Marriott's edict to not serve free coffee in their lobby. I applaud them on that but think they need to train the staff much better or perhaps get more competition in this town and then they may be forced to get their act together!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DesertRat011
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had an issue with my reservation. The manager Tyler handled the matter responding quickly and speaking to me professionally. I appreciate that a lot. I have to return in August for my daughter to begin college. I will definitely book my stay for this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank M V
Modesto, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013

basic rooms as you would expect at a Courtyard. But front desk personnel surprisingly surly and inept.
Booked my reservation directly with the hotel as opposed to standard website as we had specific needs this trip. After verbal assurances three weeks ago, followed up by confirmation two days ago, all was set. Showed up today and was told that they had no intention of honoring the requests. And the front desk personnel went out of their way to be nasty about their failure to honor their commitment - acknowledging their failure while saying that they couldn't understand why I'd be upset with the failure.
life is too short

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank carey c
Spokane
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nice stay. We chose this location based on reviews and the fact this is a new hotel.

Very nice, same style as other Courtyard locations I've stayed at. Safe, comfortable and clean.

Restaurant was nice, as we didn't want to find another place to eat at.

Room Tip: Nice safe location with easy access
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business