“Close to freeway”

Residence Inn Chico
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This location was right off hwy 99 and easy to find. Love the look of the lobby, made me feel right at home. Great place to stay if your staying a long time. Enjoyed the clean fitness room and the hours they were open fit my scheduale. Parking was a bit tight and hard to find parking since they share with the fairfiled Inn. (i think thats the name) Only the only thing I didnt like was that you could hear the freeway at night. Other than that I could not ask for a better stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from freeway noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob W
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn, Chico. I do apologize for the freeway noise that you experienced. When you are in Chico again, please request a room on the interior side and we will do our best to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Have a great day!

~Lori

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for a week while delivering consulting for a local healthcare customer. From check-in through departure, my experience was excellent. The property is immaculate and impeccably maintained. Front desk staff are warm and welcoming. The gentleman who runs the manager's reception each evening is one of the most pleasant individuals I've ever met.

My 2 bedroom suite was absolutely perfect. The kitchen was complete with a full compliment of dinnerware, flatware, glassware, and cookware. The bed provided a good night's sleep, and everything in the bathroom worked well. I really enjoyed the gas logs in the fireplace. Very convenient! Power was available at tabletop level which made my after-hours work easier. I could eat, watch television, and work online all from one spot.

My customer site was just a quick buzz up CA-99 a couple of miles, and I didn't have a single problem with traffic morning or evening.

I spend more nights in Marriott properties than I do my own bed, and RI Chico was the best experience I've had in a good while. Thank you!

Room Tip: The owner needs to install automatic sliding doors for the main entry. Pull-to-open doors belong on...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your response! We strive to make our Residence Inn a home away from home for our guests. I will pass on all of your comments to our staff. They thrive on hearing that our guests had a great stay while in Chico. We are looking into the front door issue, and I hope that I can get that resolved in the near future. I hope that if you are ever in the Chico area again, that you decide to stay with us.

Happy and safe travels!

~Lori

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My second time staying here and not disappointed. I had booked a two bedroom suite for four adults - 2 singles and a couple with a small child - it worked ok. Location is on the south of Chico and while very near good shopping and food (and the BEST brewery in the Sierra Nevada just up the road) it can be a bit out of the way if you need to visit the north side of town. Small problem with a plugged toilet once but quickly taken care of by the friendly staff.

Breakfast and evening functions always a great feature of Residence Inns and with a full kitchen about the only place for families staying a number of nights to consider.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your response. I am so happy to hear that our two bedroom suite accomodated your most recent stay. We really hope to see you back again in the future. Happy travels!

Lori Ellersick
Residence Inn by Marriott, Chico

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here two nights in a one-bedroom suite, mainly resting due to traveling already for almost two weeks. The hotel was in a nice location and had plenty of free parking areas. It was very quiet the days we were there. Our suite was clean and comfortable. The internet was free and they had a nice complimentary breakfast with hot and cold breakfast foods. The pet fee is 100.00 per stay. Would definitely stay here again if ever in the area.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We spent 8 days in mid-June while awaiting our first grandchild. We usually stay at a suite hotel when staying for more than one day. We usually stay at Hilton's Homewood, but since Chico did not have one we took a chance on Residence Inn. The baby was late, so we continually changed our reservations. The staff were excellent in dealing with us and always very understanding and helpful. When we finally arrived we were pleased with the accomodations, which were almost identical to Hilton. The breakfasts were standard for the course. If it were not for the great staff we would probably give Residence Inn a 4 rating due to the dog walk being next to the pool and not promptly cleaned up after inconsiderant guests which made the pool experience less than acceptable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you don't mind a confirmed reservation being disregarded, by all means, stay here. My mother cannot get around without a walker, is on oxygen 24/7 due to COPD, and has advanced dementia. She does not travel lightly. It was important to get a 2 bedroom 2 bath handicap access unit since she cannot get up from a regular toilet and spends copious amounts of time in said room. We arrived early, at 2pm, and were told that the unit was already given to someone else (not handicapped). They had no rooms available and could only offer one handicap accessible room at the hotel next door, not a 2/2. Stayed one night and checked into the Oxford Suites the next day, a great place that offered adjoining rooms. Why would anyone trust this Residence Inn? Their email confirmations apparently mean nothing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank meandmac
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed 4 days while visiting relatives. Suite had a separate bedroom which was great. Breakfast was excellent and hotel was conveniently located for car travel. Guest laundry was large and well set up.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family