“One of the best, if not THE BEST, restaurants in Chico.”

Christian Michaels Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Christian Michaels Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 326 Restaurants in Chico
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: A unique downtown dining experience. Located on the corner of Third and Wall Streets in downtown Chico, Christian Michaels prepares California Cuisine, Italian, Mediterranean, Asian and other seasonal dishes to tempt your palate. Selections include fresh seafood, steak, pasta, salads, desserts, a full bar and an extensive wine selection. Allow us to host your next business luncheon, reception or any other celebration.
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, Terrific service, awesome happy hour drinks, prices, and bar plates. Food is the best!!! Great downtown location with ample parking. One of my favorite Chico restaurants!

1  Thank STEVE R

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have only been to Christian Michaels Ristorante once and it was excellent. The food, wine, and service were all fantastic. The waiter had a great recommendation for wine for each member in my party. Everything was clean and looked presentable. I was there for a business meeting, but this place would be great for a date. I wouldn't bring kids here. The food is fancy and a little pricey, but so worth it. The portion size was great for a pricey restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant and will be going back. Also, the dessert is delectable!

2  Thank SnowFlower0999
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Always hesitated to go here because of its reputation for being pricey and a little too fancy-white tablecloths and fishbowl like dining room visible to the public. However, on a recent get together with friends I can now recommend this restaurant. We arrived early enough to order off the chef's special menu, from 5 to 6pm. A three course meal for $21 ($2 more if you chose the beef.). The first course was a choice of soup or salad, entrees included salmon, pork tenderloin, beef tenderloin, coq au vin or pasta, and dessert. The portions were full sized,( our group has had happy hour meals at other places that were small portions), and the dessert was chosen off their regular dessert menu. I had a Caesar salad with real anchovies, pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and greens and a wonderful lemon tart. It was very good not haute cuisine but very enjoyable. The others in our party enjoyed their meals as well. The wait staff were very attentive and professional. I was told their Sunday brunch was very good and I look forward to trying that. This would be a nice place for a special evening out or small elegant party.

1  Thank DiannaB147
Reviewed March 4, 2014

this place is amazing!!! the meat melts in your mouth and is oh sooo so delicious!!! has a great bar as well!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Staff: My bf and I were ignored by the bartender for more than 10 mins. He then had to ask us several times to repeat our order, while two members of the host staff approached us four separate times to ask what name our reservations were under (after spending a minute at the reception desk repeating the name). A half hour after the time of our reservation, we were seated by a hostess who did wait for me to get my coat and purse before walking off. My boyfriend’s chair was so rickety he felt it was going to break, so he sat next to me on the bench during parts of our time there. At the end of the meal and as we were receiving our check from the waitress, a male employee rudely told him to return to his chair and did not respond to our complaint that the chair was about to break.

1  Thank Tara L