“Unique place to eat in Chico”
Review of Sultan's Bistro

Sultan's Bistro
Ranked #226 of 319 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: French, Indian
Chico, California
“Unique place to eat in Chico”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Sultan's Bistro has been around for a number of years and I still love to visit. I'll admit the service and food quality seems to have changed over the years, but I still enjoy stopping in for lunch on occasion. It seems these days that you must prepare yourself for a good 25-30 minute wait for your food and I'm not really sure why... But if you're in town and looking for something local, I would still recommend this place.

• Visited May 2014

CHICO
“I miss the previous owner!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Sultan's USED to be my favorite place to go for good falafal in a chicken platter. It was pricey but worth every cent! Now, not so much. Probably the most disappointing food today. Ordered the Chicken and Rice plate, which took 30 mins to get. The portions were so small that if I slid everything over it would only take up HALF the plate. The chicken was not cooked all the way and the rice was cold and bland. The lettuce felt like plastic and nothing that was "cooked" was hot or even warm. My friend ordered an appetizer, just two falafal and I felt bad for her too. The outer layer was supposed to have a slight crunch, and the inside was supposed to be piping hot and fluffy. Hers were soggy on the outside, and the inside looked like the consistency of cookie dough. I literally couldn't finish eating it. I left it and went back to work, but only after stopping by the convenience store on campus and buying a $3 egg salad sandwich, which tasted a hundred times better than that nightmare at Sultan's. The new owners are running this place to the ground with poor customer service, high prices for LESS food, and quality of all the dishes is just garbage...sad. My friend recommended we go to Petra next time. I have tried THREE times to give Sultan's a try in hopes my bad experiences were just flukes. Third's a charm, and I won't be going back...ever. All three times that I've gone since the new owners took over have been the same. Awful.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LISA S
Chico, California
“Used to be good.”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been going to Sultans for 15 years and it used to be five stars but now it is two stars. The food is edible but bland - you can get better hummus, tzatziki, falafel and pita at Trader Joes.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank nathan a
Harquer
“Mmmmmmm . . . Gyros!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Mmmmmmm . . . Gyros!
They're good here --- plenty of meat and fresh veggies to make an entire meal.
'Nuff said.

Visited September 2013
Red Bluff, California
“Good food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Their food is great. I get their gyro plate and my vegetarian wife gets the Mediterranean platter or felafel gyro. Sometimes it takes a while to get the food, but that's understandable as there is usually only one person working.

• Visited January 2013