“Perfect birthday venue”

Ranked #226 of 318 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“Perfect birthday venue”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

March 11 we celebrated Ed's birthday at the Chico Outback. We've been in search of the perfect Manhattan. Sam, the bartender (lady) went out of her way to make us a good one ( even though she confessed that she doesn't drink Manhattans). It was so good, we had another--very affordable at the Happy Hour price of $4,00.
Our dinner was perfect: rib eye steaks, wild rice, chopped pecan/ apple salad, and of course, our individual loaves of fresh-baked brown bread.
On my cue Sam brought out the ice cream covered with hot chocolate sauce
with a flaming candle on top comliments of the house.
It was a delightful evening. Very reasonably priced at less than $60 for the two of us.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank infogal9330

Chico, California
“Good Happy Hour and Great Steak.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Chico for Happy Hour and food. We enjoy their selection of Sierra Nevada beer on tap served in a larger iced mug and their happy hour prices. We eat in the bar area which has tables and the bar itself. We love their petite steak served with two sides. We love their salad, and their baked potato, and their brown bread served with our meal too. The service is good, and we like the bar atmosphere. If you sign up for their e-mails they send out great coupons. It is owned by a local man who gives back to his community which we also appreciate.

• Visited January 2014
“Luke warm steak”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have eaten few times lately and the steak is always luke warm, I am not sure how that is possible when they say they cook it to order. The quality is a little fatty. I would suggest somewhere different like 5th St Steakhouse.

• Visited September 2013
“Great service ! Great experience !”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my bestfriend around 7 PM . Restaurant was full and waiting time was about 20 mins . Decided to have a drink at the bar while waiting. The Captain's Mai Tai was delicious ! Service was quick and the bartender was friendly and polite... At the restaurant, our server was friendly, always smiling and warm . He checked on us frequently and even offered tips on the menu. Because it was a Saturday night, there were a lot of huge groups and that is probably why our food took some time. My friend was starving, thankfully the yummy bread that our server gave us kept her occupied. The coconut shrimp was delicious although there were only 8 pcs in an appetizer order for $8.99 . Next time we can probably order 2 orders because it was yummy and worth it. The Victoria's filet that my friend had was delicious (according to her) . My ribeye was OK but I have had several that were better . Not the best for me, nothing to write home about but not bad either . Dessert was wonderful and enough to appease my sweet tooth ! I needed to go to the bathroom and I went the other way. A server pleasantly pointed me to the right direction and even walked with me towards the bathroom. Considering that I am NOT disabled, now that is service ! Our server and my friend got talking about our dessert that had some caramelized coconut of some sort. It was delicious and we really liked our dessert. After they talked, he gave us a little container each to take home , so we can add it to some ice cream or something at home. I'm sure we won't be able to recreate the delish dessert we had at the restaurant but it was a nice gesture from our server . The experience was very pleasant and I am excited to come back with my family next time !

• Visited August 2013
Chico, California, United States
“Great Victoria Filet”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Yum- the Victoria filet is tender and oh so tasty! The servers are typically very nice. I love the house salad and the free bread. Try to hit it a bit early to avoid a wait time to be seated.

Visited July 2013

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!