“Fantastic dinner/ service”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #222 of 325 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Had my birthday dinner here, everything was fantastic. NY steak was the best I've had in a long time, and our service was great. Lara was the name of our server and she was great. Would recommend this place for dinner to anyone.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The front-of-the-house staff are friendly and efficient. Once seated our order was taken pretty quickly. ($7.50 for a draft beer???) We ordered the deep fried onion app; skip this! Really! It's very hot when served, too hot to eat but once it cools down then you have a big grease ball. The rib eye was cooked MR as ordered but was chewy, almost stringy not quality beef. The fish in the seared ahi salad was cooked perfectly but the salad was overdressed with a sour tasting dressing that did not taste of wasabi. I am not a fan of tag-team serverice : one takes the order another delivers then the first one helicopters in then someone else drops by and I REALLY dislike having the check presented when I'm halfway through my dinner; it feels like they can't wait to get you out the door. Could be true since we weren't offered dessert. But then again, I had to ask to have the dinner plates cleared once we had as much as we could stand. Cesar salad that came with the steak was the best item that we were offered (including the gummy bread).
Beats me why servers ask you how was everything and when you tell them "not that great" they have no response. Why bother to ask if you don't care?

1  Thank AvonSanJose
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is truly a little known secret in Northern California. If you enjoy California history, wine or need a little quite time this is perfect. I cant ruin the surprise, but you will not believe how tied into California's history this little winery is, oh yeah the wine is really good too.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

For a Chain, this place seems to go it right. Great service, great food and good prices.
The place is busy, primarily due to Chico being a college town. Expect to wait 30 to 45 minutes to be seated. The Bar is also crowded and you might find yourself standing with your drink.

One of the best bloomin' onions we have ever had. Steaks done to order and served hot and sizzling.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I really want to like the Outback in Chico. It's owner is a great member of the community always donating to causes. However, 9 out of 10 visits, my food (whether take-out or dine-in) is awful, burnt, undercooked, over salted, etc... just bad.