“It's meal and a conversation!”
Review of Petra Mediterranean - CLOSED

Petra Mediterranean
Cuisines: Mediterranean
“It's meal and a conversation!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Go for the food, stay for the conversation with Mohammed. He is the delightful owner and chef. We had Baba Ganoush (creamy roasted eggplant with garlic) for an appetizer. I had the Petra Special Platter with lamb and my wife had a salad with chicken. Both servings were more than we could eat. The real treat was talking with Mohammed about his friends, travels and any help we might need in sightseeing, a place to stay, etc. Don't expect a fancy place but do expect great hospitality punctuated by great convo. You'll want to go back.

• Visited June 2014

CHICO
“Hidden Gem in Downtown Chico!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

WOW! Food was amazing! Hot, flavorful, and nice portions! Falafel were tasty, and crunchy on the outside, hot and fluffy on the inside, the way they should be! The owner was very friendly and treated me to Babaghanouje while I waited for my order, which was less than a 15 min wait! It was all so delicious and piping hot. I'll be back! Chicken and Rice plate was under $8, and worth every penny! The place is small but gives it an authentic feel, along with the music being played, I was transported to a Mediterranean location while I enjoyed my dinner.
I always say, if you want to know if a restaurant is good, look at the patrons. If you don't see Mexicans in your Mexican restaurant, chances are, it doesn't get a thumbs up from us. I saw another review stating that too many of the owner's friends hang out. I too witnessed this but it only convinced me that the food is authentic, that the owner is welcoming, and treats folks like family... and it's what made me even go in to be honest! :) Same for when I look for good Chinese food or Indian food. Makes sense to me! If they were just hanging out and not eating, that's different. But the two young men I sat next to were enjoying their meal. I know I enjoyed mine! I definitely recommend Petra for authentic Mediterranean food! I can't wait to have my left overs for lunch today!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LISA S
“Shawarma !”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My son loves shawarma so we tried this place for the first time. The owner (?) greeted us warmly but he was busy operating the place all by himself. The place is very small and there were a lot of people for the space so we decided to take out our food. The place was very casual and far from fancy, somehow had an authentic feel to it especially that the owner(?) who also was the cook,server and cashier was speaking to his other customers in their language. The beef and lamb shawarma and chicken shawarma tasted good.

• Visited December 2013
Upland, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too many of the owner's friends hanging out!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Loved the hummus! So creamy and flavorful served with warm pita. Took our sandwiches to go, but even the next day the chicken and lamb pita sandwich was delicious. It's sort of a dive place especially with about five of the owner's friends hanging out!

Visited October 2013
USA
“Very authentic and tasty”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Both my husband and I, plus our granddaughter love to have lunch here. It is very small, but has a very friendly owner and his helper is very nice also. The food is consistently good. Only three tables and six stools at the counter, so take out is always an option.

Visited August 2012