“Beautiful experience Super Friendly Staff”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Valley Center, California, United States
“Beautiful experience Super Friendly Staff”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Upon checking in we were greeted by a young man who immediately made us feel welcome and expected. As we were checking in we were told about the continental breakfast offered in the morning. We really enjoyed this as we are travelling and the fresh coffee, juice, fruits, cereal and danishes got our vacation days off to a relaxed and fun start. In the room we were pleasantly surprised to see a small refrigerator which we were able to save money by eating some meals in our room. We enjoyed the local restaurants daily and were able to bring back left over to heat in the microwave that this Americas Best Value Inn also has in each room. There is a coffee maker in the room and they provide an excellent coffee to brew in the room. The rooms are very clean and tidy, new carpets and nice furniture. Nice pillows and bedding....very important to me! The maids were polite and accomodating. Television complete with movie channels and remote control...I love HBO. The internet is the fastest i have ever experienced. Really enjoying this internet connection as i can explore all that this area has to offer online. Love this location as it is in walking distance to the quaint downtown Chico. This is a town of bicyclers and people out for evening strolls among the cute little downtown shops. Right across the street from here is a Natural Food store. You know how that attracts those holistic health minded people. Within walking distance are several art galleries and little event gathering spots. Good family fun! For those of us that love mexican food i was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Mexican Restaurant 3 minutes walking time away. Met the owner of this ABVI and she wanted to make sure we were satisfied with our stay. So satisfied I had to leave a review! My family and I will be back here for summer events here in town. There are Concerts in the park on Friday and Saturday early evenings, all summer long and a Farmers Market that is more like a big family gathering every Thursday afternoon and Saturday mornings both of these are within walking distance from this Americas Best Value Inn!

Room Tip: they are very accomodating to your need at this Americas Best Value Inn here in Chico. We had speci...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SodashiDevi
ABVI T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest:
We were delighted to have you stay with us, we hope to see again very soon. Thank you for sharing, enjoy your summer...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reno, NV
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place used to be a Days Inn, and unlike other ABVI properties that I've stayed at, hasn't seen much improvement since its takeover. Location is decent, being very close to downtown Chico. It's also VERY noisy because you're at the intersection of two major streets and close to frat and sorority houses; not much you can do about that other than being prepared to deal with it (good earplugs!). Room was clean, no issues with check-in or check-out. Wireless Internet worked OK, although for some reason I kept having to 'sign in'. Forget about the free continental breakfast and walk across the street to the Tin Roof Bakery.

In 2009 and 2010 I did two long scooter trips down the California coast to visit all the old missions. Since I traveled in early May, I was making reservations as I went along and ended-up at several Americas Best Value properties (made an effort to avoid big chain motels). Seems like the franchise locates bargain places for sale, renovates them, and rebrands as ABVI. Every one of them was a real 'find'. All were unique, and I can honestly say that they were a real value. This place in Chico, not so much.

Room Tip: Upstairs MIGHT be a little quieter than downstairs, but I doubt it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank twowheelsReno
ABVI T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We're glad that we were able to meet your needs and would like to thank you for your feedback as it helps us to continue improving.
California, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is the worst place I've ever stayed in HANDS DOWN. Never before have I had such an unpleasant stay at a motel. Here we are (12:18AM), just really getting into our deep sleep when BANG!!! We hear a huge loud noise. It was a group of three, thug looking gangsters (complete with du-rags and all) who had opened our door. They acted like it was their room and I told them leave, and after about a minute of deliberation they did. It was the most distressing thing when you are supposed to feel and be secure in your room to have this happen. When I complained to management they refused to give me my money back and only refunded me for the next day that I had reserved. Bottom line. This place is terrible. Terrible management, turns out when I talked to people in the area they have a terrible reputation, terrible rooms, scary people came into my room (never thought that'd happen to me). This place just sucks. Stay away from it.
You've been warned.

Room Tip: Rooms anywhere else will be better. Makes a motel 6 feel like a 5 star.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jjordanbaird
ABVI T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We encourage every problem to be reported right away so that we can investigate the issue right away. However, we did not hear from anyone in your party at all until checkout. At checkout, you told us that someone tried to get into your room but they were not able to because you had your security latch on. Our doors do come equipped with an electronic lock, a deadbolt, and a security latch. The deadbolts and the security latch prevent anyone from entering the room, even if they somehow had a key. Our goal is your complete satisfaction, but at the morning of check out, we were unable to refund your night directly because you had booked your room through a third party site. However, we made sure that third party refunded your full stay. We have confirmed with them that you received that credit.

Travelers are raving about these Chico hotels

Reviewed April 13, 2013

In all my years of travel, I can not remember staying in a worse place. The door has patched bullet holes. The walls show evidence of punch hole repairs. The room had one queen bed when we reserved two queens. The doors barely close. The pillows are cheap and overstuffed. The hotel is noisy, dirty and dumpy! Yuck!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Travellots4fun
ABVI T, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello, please know that your feedback is valued as we continue to improve. We do have high standards to adhere to as a franchise and our quality assurance inspections and can assure you there are no bullet holes in our doors. Chico is a very safe place to be. Even if we are downtown, Chico is known for one of the most unique and inviting down towns. I am not sure if you needed two beds, why would you stay in a room with one bed. We do have one and two beds available for your convenience and are always able to give you what you need. Our goal is to have take care of you so you will want to come back. Thank you for your feedback.
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed March 18, 2013

For a one night stay it was just Ok. Average cleanliness, for an average price. Had a room that was right on the road which could have been a problem. Being a seasoned hotel traveller I always have ear plugs for sleeping. Location is great, able to walk dowontown to see a show and drink too much and walk back. This I suppose helped me ignore the noise and moderate cleanliness. I did a thorough inspection of the bedding and pillows upon arrival. No weird stains, no bugs but there was some random hairs. Was not thrilled with the bathroom towels, were worn out and stained. If you are on a budget this place is accceptable. Would not recommend for familes, or others looking for a quite place to stay. Will most likely stay elsewhere next time I am in Chico

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TRC70
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review, and do apologize for your inconvenience. We take all comments seriously and do appreciate your feedback. We encourage our guests to communicate any issue with us so that we can fix it right away and have your stay be an enjoyable one. Please know cleanliness is a top priority and conduct room inspections to minimize any one thing left behind. Thank you again for your valued feedback.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My room was very clean and it had a nice king bed. I like the free wirless and free breakfast and I must say, was very impressed with the parking lot. I have been to hotels that are very difficult when it comes to parking being so cramped. The pool was closed due to the season. Overall i had a very nice stay

Room Tip: The jacuzzy rooms are extra charge but worth it!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jordan T
ABVIChico, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2017
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is of upmost importance to provide you with the best customer service and your nice comments reflect our actions, and we thank you for that. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Feel free to stay with us again as it would be very appreciated.

Best Regards,
Barnes
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Rooms were clean. The price was reasonable. Located in downtown Chico on Broadway Street. Stayed 5 nights. Lady at the desk was very friendly. Another day there was a man, and he was not friendly. You can walk from this motel to many stores,and restaraunts. The worst thing is the noise. Traffic noise was pretty bad, and Police sirens are heard often.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Patrick C
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time out to write a review. We would also like to thank you for the nice comments you had. All of our employees should provide friendly customer service and the fact you did not recieve that is unacceptable. We will try our best to resolve that issue. As for the noise our nice downtown location suffers from the street noise and there is not much we can do there. If you decide to stay with us again we reccomend that you suggest a middle corner room to reduce the street noise. We apologize for this inconvenience.