“Okay if you don't feel like cooking...”
Review of The Roost

The Roost
Ranked #44 of 318 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: American
Chico, California, United States
“Okay if you don't feel like cooking...”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

but nothing hugely special about the food to me. I found it very meh...I felt like I might as well cook. When I went with my hubby, the tables weren't clean, they were slow in serving and never checked on us. Food was not very flavorful.

Visited February 2013

Chico
“Extensive, entertaining menu, good value”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It's fun to read through the extensive (quirky) menu. The portions are large, the food is good, and they know how to cook eggs to perfection. We often meet friends here for weekend breakfasts.

Visited July 2013
Chico, California
“The Roost is home cooking”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I go to the Roost if I am looking for a good breakfast, a lot like old school home made. Not fancy but good.

Visited February 2013
“Fantastic Breakfast”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice big breakfast. The corn beef hash is made there, not from a can. Everything good from the menu.

Visited October 2012
Chico, California
“A Real "Diner" Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

You don't come across authentic diners much anymore. The Roost has both a U shaped seating area with stools to accommodate maybe 15 diners in one room, while offering sit down dining in an adjacent room. An exhaustive breakfast and lunch menu with moderate prices. You won't leave hungry as portions are generous. Oh, and the coffee is excellent with refills at regular intervals. The waitresses are super friendly and accommodating when I asked for a side of salsa to go along with my breakfast burrito. My son had an omlette and both our meals were excellent. I will definitley be making The Roost a regular dining expereince in Chico. Would have given it five stars except for the fact that the place is old including the furnishings - my wife would call it not the cleanest in the area, but I prefer this type of atmosphere over sterile!

• Visited October 2012