“Extensive, entertaining menu, good value”
Review of The Roost

The Roost
Ranked #39 of 321 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It's fun to read through the extensive (quirky) menu. The portions are large, the food is good, and they know how to cook eggs to perfection. We often meet friends here for weekend breakfasts.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I go to the Roost if I am looking for a good breakfast, a lot like old school home made. Not fancy but good.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice big breakfast. The corn beef hash is made there, not from a can. Everything good from the menu.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

You don't come across authentic diners much anymore. The Roost has both a U shaped seating area with stools to accommodate maybe 15 diners in one room, while offering sit down dining in an adjacent room. An exhaustive breakfast and lunch menu with moderate prices. You won't leave hungry as portions are generous. Oh, and the coffee is excellent with refills at regular intervals. The waitresses are super friendly and accommodating when I asked for a side of salsa to go along with my breakfast burrito. My son had an omlette and both our meals were excellent. I will definitley be making The Roost a regular dining expereince in Chico. Would have given it five stars except for the fact that the place is old including the furnishings - my wife would call it not the cleanest in the area, but I prefer this type of atmosphere over sterile!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great breakfast. A little small but they have inside and outside seating. Great service and cute atmosphere in an old brick building. Order the blueberry pancake.