“Absolutely the best!!!”

Tong Fong Low
Ranked #140 of 325 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Traditional Chinese food, consistently terrific! Has been serving tasty food for over one hundred years. I hope they continue for another hundred years and more!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Every single time I go to Tong Fong Low, the food is excellent. Even a simple dish like Broccoli with Garlic sauce is so yummy! My favorite is the Chiu Yim Ribs. Love!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Been going to the one in Oroville since I was a kid! The location in chico is better friendlier and cleaner. Hands down best Chinese in chico!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Tons of food for a very reasonable price. The General's chicken is to die for. Service is amazing and you'll go home with plenty of leftovers, even if you're ordering lunch!

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I have no clue why this restaurant is considered the best Chinese place in Chico. Yes, they use fresh ingredients, but the execution is iffy at best.

My egg rolls came swimming in oil. I am talking about two tablespoons under each of the three egg rolls. They were very good, but the oil grossed me out and I couldn't finish them.

My kung pao chicken contained no peppers whatsoever, and tasted very strongly of burnt garlic. Also contained an extremely bitter root or lettuce of some kind. I couldn't identify it, but it was so bitter I had to pick it out. Probably the worst kung pao I have ever had.

Another annoyance was that I wanted to try a few different things but they refused to serve them unless I bought the full meal. Really? You won't sell me more food? Because every other Chinese place in Chico will, and they won't burn it before serving.

Best points here are fast, friendly service, low prices and large portions. If you are more concerned with filling up then you are with flavor, by all means eat here. If you want food that is well prepared, move on down the road.

Been to Tong Fong Low? Share your experiences!