“oasis among college bars”
Review of Monks Wine Bar - CLOSED

Monks Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Sacramento
“oasis among college bars”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Great menu of small plates, very nice beer and wine selection. Entrees didn't seem that exciting so we just ordered small plates. Good value.

Visited January 2012

Redding, California
“A great surprise, and an amazing meal.”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I was so surprised to find a restaurant of this quality subdued on a side street in downtown Chico. My dinner was so amazing, I went back again the next afternoon before we left town. Everything fresh, I had a homemade pasta that I can still remember. The wine pairing is fun and selection was very nice. I can not wait until my next trip to Chico!!

• Visited December 2011
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
“The BEST Restaurants in Chico!”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We first visited Monks about 6 months ago and have been back about every week since. The service is fantastic and the food is so good I am without words to adequately describe it. My husband said the Maui Maui he had on Friday was the best he has ever had. The atmosphere is romantic and the staff is so knowledgeable about wine it is insane. We LOVE this place I cannot beleive it is not ranked higher. It is definitely one of the top 5 places to eat in Chico.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Kimmichka
chico
“Lovely”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We love Monks as a "restaurant/bar alternative. They have a nice atmosphere, interesting wines and nice food. It is a nice place to enjoy an appetizer and a glass of wine.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank danny j
Gardnerville, NV
“great views of the "freak action"”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Get one of the window seats, this is magic! Cats on leashes and weirdos with hairless dogs with pink rhinestone dresses. Okay, about the review of the restaurant....good vibe, not bad prices, good selection of wine/beer/bubbly. The small plates are the way to go- but don't ask about the ingredients...they don't want to give away their secrets! Overall I would recommend this place for a romantic night out or a starter to a bigger evening ahead! And Paris Hilton may just grace your presence as server (secret twin?).