“First rate menu, wine list, and dining”
Review of Leon Bistro

Leon Bistro
Ranked #8 of 324 Restaurants in Chico
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of Chico's finest dinner restaurants.Open for dinner Wed. through Sat. at 5 pm.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very vine dining evening. The crostini with mushrooms, goat cheese, and very light balsamic glaze was a great starter. Wife's filet was excellent, although not quite as rare as she ordered it; daughter's rack of lamb was terrific; and my lamb shank in Mediterranean sauce was great. Varied wine list with good California wines, and a few Italian selections. Friendly service. We'll come back next time we're in Chico.

1  Thank DlaxDad

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Amidst beautiful, quiet surroundings, my husband and I enjoyed a delicious feast. I had the Calamari and he a steak. Love the creative vegies surrounding my calamari and I prefer to eat Paleo style so she dipped the calamari in coconut and almond flour I believe. What ever it was on the outside, it wasn't wheat flour and it was delicious! Just reading all the options on the menu is a feast in itself. We will be going back for our next romantic evening out.

3  Thank TawnyCleveland2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

First thing to mention is, make a reservation. We waited 35 minutes for a table at their quaint bar. They only serve beer and wine. Our server was Lizzie and she was knowledgable about the specials for that eveing only. My husband was going to order the Surf and Turf "Hanger Steak and Halibut", but once he heard the Scallop and Veggie plate he swiched. I ordered the Artichoke crusted Halibut, white beans and greens. It is the BEST Halibut I have had in years. Very well presentation. Great atmosphere and ambience. Our service was slow due to it being PACKED, so we didn't mind so much. The dress code varies from street casual to suits and ties. Be comfortable. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for family dinners because of the cost that would be involved. Our order was 3 glasses of "special menu" wine and 1 beer and two dinners, came to $112.00 not including tip. Yes it's pricy, but worth every dollar.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Comfortable, unpretentious atmosphere with great ambience. The wine list is heavy on reds but has a full selection of whites to please anyone. Our waiter was knowledgable about the selections and helped us narrow our choices with great results. The food was beautifully prepared . My artichoke crusted haddock with green Thai aioli was one of the best dishes I have eaten. If I had to critique this most memorable restaurant, it would be that the portions were large and to enjoy the luscious grilled stone fruit and the wide selections of desserts, it would be worth paying the split plate charge and savor all.

2  Thank MAB2320
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After experiencing some of the best restaurants in the world, El Bulli ( Roses, Spain ) & Noma ( Copenhagen ), we have a top standard to compare other restaurants to... When Leon Bistro opened in Chico a few years ago, we had a great meal and then forgot about it for awhile. It's among the most expensive places in our small Northern California town, but the food experience is nevertheless worthy... Now having repeated the trip several times in the past month, I can pledge that you will be excited with the food here. Ann has trained in the Bay Area, receiving top honors from the S.F. California Culinary Academy, then a stint at the famed "garden to table" Chez Panisse set her on a course to success... This is a wonderful addition to our growing culinary Appellation. ...Eat Here Now..!

1  Thank clayton-paradise