“The best ribeye steak ever!”

Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 315 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“The best ribeye steak ever!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We live in London UK. I don't eat much meat about twice a week and only if it's hormone free. A friend in Chico recommended this place as they grow all their own organic vegetables and have a free range (animal husbandry) farm. They brew their own beers too. We went to dinner with a party of 5 adults and one toddler 2 years old.
The service was friendly and efficient and a high chair was provided for the little one.
The starters were very good but I could not call them excellent. The beers were superb and what a wonderful choice of them! The piece de resistance was the most tender and tasty steak I have ever had the good fortune to eat. It was not smothered with sauce but had some served separately. My husband's teeth cannot normally chew through steak, but once he tasted mine
he tucked into it with gusto. The portions were large ( as in most of the USA) and the price was right! This was one of the most memorable meal I have eaten in my life. NB: They do not take bookings, especially if you want to eat al fresco, so a friend of ours went early and waited for a table.
The reason I am writing reviews in tripadvisor is because I have used it ( for a number of years) to find hotels, restaurants and places and am so grateful for the reliability of the reviews I've followed. Now's my turn to do the same.

• Visited May 2014

“Consistently good food & service”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Every time I visit Sierra Nevada, I am not disappointed. Service is prompt, food is great, and portion sizes are generous ... we always leave with left overs. I tried their beer tasting flight and, for a non-beer lover, they had a thing or two I could enjoy! Definitely a quality place to grab a meal.

• Visited June 2014
“Good food and plenty of beer! ”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here with my parents, sister her partner and 2 babies whilst visiting from England. We ate outside which was pleasant but warm. Our server was very nice and attentive, the beer was great and the food was too, attractively presented and plentiful, some of which we took away with us. All in all a nice place to visit.

“Take the tour but skip the restaurant if it is busy”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

You have to plan in advance. The brewery tours quickly fill up, at least on the holiday weekends when I am in the area. We finally managed to go on a tour...the Sustainability Estate Tour. Our group was small so it was fun, uncrowded, and informative. Our guide, Mike, was knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
The facilities are impressive, big, clean, and beautiful. After our free beer in the garden, we were free to revisit the nice gift store. Then we went to the lovely restaurant at 1:00. We waited 25 minutes for "first available table. Larger groups got tables faster. We were not offered bar seating. We got the worst tiny two-top in the place, against a wall, near a door and next to a window behind the hostess stand. Oh...and near noisy little kids. One of us had a view in the distance of the outdoor seating. The other...not so much. Service was slow. Really slow. Except water...that was plentiful on a hot, hot day. Staff was nice. Food came even slower but it was good. No explanations for the lengthy delay for food or offers of snacks. A table with an older couple and their daughter had to wait 45 minutes for their food. Beer was great, although they had run out of our first choice estate beer. There were managers running around but the kitchen seemed to be the holdup. Too many people to serve. I will not go back unless it is half full and I get a real table with a view.

“Great Afternoon Lunch”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch and to recharge not only our bodies but our electric car. The restaurant was very busy but they were staffed well which helped them with the flow of customers into and out of tables.
The food was great almost to much.
Had the Bacon Burger it was outstanding.
Plus the Old Chico Wheat Beer was so good we hit the gift store on the way out.

• Visited July 2014