“Things seem to have changed at the Sierra Nevada restaurant”

Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Taproom
Ranked #2 of 336 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At the Sierra Nevada Taproom and Restaurant you’ll find the ultimate counterpart to our award winning ales and lagers. Stop by to sample one of our 19 beers on tap accompanied by artfully prepared gourmet meals and dishes made with local, seasonal, sustainable ingredients. From fresh produce grown in the Sierra Nevada Estate Garden and bread baked on site with spent brewer’s grain to artisanal meats, cheeses and our very own Sierra Nevada beef, you can expect only the highest quality and greatest taste from farm to table.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I've eaten here many times but this may be my last time. We ate here today (a Saturday) for lunch and the food was mediocre at best.....my chicken sandwich was dry and the tomato on top was really not appetizing, and my wife's fish and chips were just average also (her french fries were over cooked and hard and small).

Plus I'm starting to really get turned off by the high noise level in this place. Maybe we should have had lunch outside, but the wait times there are much longer and I don't like eating in the hot sun.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Don't miss this place if you're in Chico. I've been going to the restaurant since I lived in Chico in the '90s and every time I've been there the food is fantastic and the service is great too. Very upscale for a brewery but the prices aren't gauging. Would be nice if they had a full bar, but hey- may as well drink their beer while you're there.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great place to take the family for lunch. Their olive oil and balsamic is some of the best I have dipped bread in. Service was okay, pizza was perfect for me and my son. This is a must stop when in Chico.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The restaurant is always busy and very loud. These by no means take away from the ambiance of eating a fine meal at the brewery. Service is quick, professional and courteous. Menu selections are fairly wide ranging with prices reasonable for the quantity offered. Reservations are not taken, so get there early for quick seating.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

A lot of locals recommend this place but probably because they love beer . The place is always busy and their beer is popular . I came in with my husband and son for dinner. I don't drink much and so I am not familiar with the many kinds of beer that they offered in their menu. I overheard the server in the next table explain what the beers were like to the costumers in that table . When our server came , she hardly smiled and her tone of voice was polite enough but cold. I told her that we wanted to order the sampler but we had no idea at all what the beers were like (they were kind of described in the menu list but the description sounded latin to me). I was expecting her to describe them briefly to us so we can choose but instead she basically chose for us without even asking us for our preference. It wasn't what I expected from a server in a locally hyped up place. Beer is their specialty , the servers should know them by heart and sell them to the costumers well. This is not our experience, our server basically brought us 4 kinds without even telling us what they were or whatever. So we liked 2 of the 4 we tasted but the experience was so blah , I don't even remember what kinds they were . Food was ok but nothing to write home about, definitely NOT that memorable . The server has remained cold for the rest of the service. We eat out a lot and in all kinds of places so we can definitely compare service from prior experiences . A local favorite but definitely NOT mine !