“Not as great as I expected !” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sierra Nevada Brewing Company

Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 311 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not as great as I expected !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

A lot of locals recommend this place but probably because they love beer . The place is always busy and their beer is popular . I came in with my husband and son for dinner. I don't drink much and so I am not familiar with the many kinds of beer that they offered in their menu. I overheard the server in the next table explain what the beers were like to the costumers in that table . When our server came , she hardly smiled and her tone of voice was polite enough but cold. I told her that we wanted to order the sampler but we had no idea at all what the beers were like (they were kind of described in the menu list but the description sounded latin to me). I was expecting her to describe them briefly to us so we can choose but instead she basically chose for us without even asking us for our preference. It wasn't what I expected from a server in a locally hyped up place. Beer is their specialty , the servers should know them by heart and sell them to the costumers well. This is not our experience, our server basically brought us 4 kinds without even telling us what they were or whatever. So we liked 2 of the 4 we tasted but the experience was so blah , I don't even remember what kinds they were . Food was ok but nothing to write home about, definitely NOT that memorable . The server has remained cold for the rest of the service. We eat out a lot and in all kinds of places so we can definitely compare service from prior experiences . A local favorite but definitely NOT mine !

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles, California
“great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a place my family and I always go to whenever they're in Chico. My dad loves Sierra Nevada beer and the rest of us like the food. The service is always great, too - the last time I was there I ordered a caesar salad and hated the dressing. Turns out they changed the dressing and it now tastes super sour and spoiled - they took it back, repeatedly offered to make me something else, didn't charge me and sent over the manager to apologize.

It gets crowded at dinner time so we always go for an early dinner around 5 p.m.

• Visited May 2013
Pahrump, Nevada
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We met friends for lunch who have eaten here before. Luckily we got there at 11:30am because by noon they were almost full. Our server, Stephanie, was great and very knowledgeable of the beers. 2 of us had the Thai Curry and it was great, 1 had the fish & chips and said it was average, 1 had the Steak flatbread salad and said it was great, especially the flatbread and the beer cheese spread on it. All of the meals were lots of food. We are full time motorome travelers so will have to plan on coming back here in the future.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Beautiful setting with friendly service and wonderful food.- my favorite Chico eating establishment.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We came from Redding to meet friends from southern California. After a fun tour of the farmers market we took them to the brewery. We were not disappointed. Everyone had an excellent match meal and the service was top notch.

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco
“Fantastic beers, pretty dang good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place gets super crowded at dinner time-- we waited about 45 minutes for a table. But the service was quick and friendly, the food was pretty good, and the beer selection and quality was excellent. You can get brews that they don't sell to the stores here.

Visited July 2013