“Relax and enjoy food and beer.”

Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 319 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Turlock, California
“Relax and enjoy food and beer.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I recently enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at this establishment. My friend and I sampled four different beer samples before we settled on a choice. We also had calamari and fries as a appetizer to compliment the beer. It was an excellent pairing. The restaurant is spacious and tastefully decorated. The use of highly polished copper as an accent color worked well, but I would hate to have to maintain it. The service was excellent and the staff was knowledgeable and friendly.

1 Thank rocklvr03

Olathe, Kansas
“WOW!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This place is awesome! The tour is 2 hours and well worth it. Everyone there is so friendly and helpful and the restaurant is outstanding. Would travel to Chico just for this experience again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lisa C
“Great beer! Great food! Great location!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

What more do you say? SN always serves up the best beers and the food is better than most pubs. Would come here every week if I lived nearby.

• Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classy pub fare”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Loved the Asian burger! Fries were great, soup delish, Thai pizza great as leftovers. I'm personally not a fan of their beer- but I tried their taster board for kicks. Great food at reasonable prices.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank karpy11
Needham, MA
“Nothing special”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had been looking forward to dinner at Sierra Nevada as I usually find the food at brew pubs to be quite good. And having the chance to sample a variety of beers is always a plus. Unfortunately, we were quite disappointed by our dinner. My wife and I each ordered a flight of beer, so we had eight different varieties to try. None of them were anything special. Not that they were bad, there were just not any that wowed us.

The best part of the meal was the appetizers. The buffalo style chicken wings were good and had a good amount of heat. But even better were the pretzels and beer cheese. These were truly delicious. A perfect appetizer for a brew pub to go along with beer. The entrees were mediocre. My wife's vegetarian polenta dish was soupy and mushy with the vegetables overcooked. My burger just had no taste. I have had better fast food burgers. My son's pizza was just plain bland.

The service was also a problem. While our waitress was friendly and nice, there were long periods where we did not see her. The wait between appetizer and entree was long. The wait for the bill and then the processing of the credit card even longer.

I would have to say this was the most disappointing brew pub I have been to.

• Visited August 2012