Best Western Rose Quartz Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
  • Free Internet
$78
$101
$98
Travelocity
Diamond View Motel(Susanville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall townwaffleslassen national parkhot tubbreakfast roomin townclean hotelfree breakfastwould stay here againwaffle makersingle storycookiesfire pitdesk clerkbeds were comfortablenice roomstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is clean and pet friendly. Looked like they had a nice breakfast although I didnt try it. I was here for business and after working 12 hrs the day before, drove from 2am to 8am to get to the hotel. I went in just to see if they could expedite the cleaning of my room so I could rest a little. The girl at the desk said my room was already vacated and she would have it cleaned right away. I have stayed over the country in BW properties and have always had good service and helpful staff that get me in as soon as possible when my trips are rushed like this. I had not received a call by noon so went back in to check. Nope, room not clean although they were checking in other folks. Left again, checked back in an hour, no room. Finally got a call about 230 or 3pm that my room was ready. This is no earlier than a regular check in.
Talked to NEW clerk and she said she would wave the pet fee. I initialled a paper for a rate of $117. I also spoke to a man who said he was a manager, the next moring when I checked out. He just said "sorry".
When I got home I looked at the receipt and had been charged even more than my reservation had said. A total of $142. I have been on the go since leaving there, but will be contacting the hotel to see why I was lied to and to find out why I was over charged.
Nice hotel that I would not trust again. Too bad because the room was nice. Just beware they are less than honest, or at least that was my experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Amy W, Manager at Best Western Rose Quartz Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Ma'am, I would like to apologize to you for any miscommunication that resulted in your early arrival. I hope that you can understand that during our "busy season", we can only try to accomodate early arrivals. It is not always possible to have certain rooms clean before check in time.

As for the issue of your room rate. Your review states that you initialed a paper with your room rate for $117. We have reviewed your reservation and the registration card that you initialed. You stayed in room #117, you did not initial a rate of $117. You did, however, initial a rate including tax for 137.30. We will be more than happy to fax you a copy of that document. We would like to do all that we can to settle this situation. Please, give us a call at 530-258-2002

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place was clean and updated. Staff was friendly and very helpful. This is not a vacation resort but good place to stop for business or just a stop over. Probably one of the newest places in the area. If you are coming to lake almanor for a vacation you probably need to find a cabin rental.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Amy W, Manager at Best Western Rose Quartz Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We love to hear from our guests! I am happy that we could make your stay nice and hope that you can come back! There are many advantages to staying in a weekly cabin rental versus staying in a hotel like ours... namely space and closer proximity to the lake. But don't forget there are many advantage to staying with us as well! We have daily cleaning, free breakfast every morning, exercise room, computer room, free wi-fi, hot tub, and we are centrally located to lake almanor and lassen as well as many other fun activities all throu out our beautiful mountains!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

No problems about this location. except the room walls were painted in a VERY depressing dark brown, the bed throw was also in the same shade. This made the overall look of the room really dark and depressing. Otherwise a good Best Western .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that our staff and cleanliness could give you a positive outlook on our hotel even when our decor could not. Our hotel does have a very masuline touch when it comes to design choices and we understand that the "mountain theme" is not for everyone.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Large spacious rooms with plenty of space for wet gear, whether it be fishing or winter sports. Clean and quiet rooms, friendly staff, hot breakfast choices (waffles and biscuits/gravy). Great location for all your outdoor activites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review this hotel. We try very hard to please our guests, and I'm glad that it shows!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everything was right about this hotel. It had large somfortable rooms with more TV channels than an ordinary hotel. Little things like providing two luggage racks showed that the management is really trying to please. The rooms were very quiet and plush.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us such a great rating! We do try very hard to please all our guests.