“Nice place with friendly owner convenient to Lassen Natl Park”
Review of Antlers Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chester
Antlers Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I chose this place like almost all accomodations I choose, based on other reviews here on tripadvisor. If it weren't for that, I never would've found it and chosen it. Their website needs a major redo, as you can't tell a heck of a lot from it, and I hate talking on the phone, so if it weren't for the positive reviews, I wouldn't have followed through once I saw there were no online reservations. I also never received any type of confirmation of the reservation at all. Neither email nor snail mail. I doublechecked the day before and all was ok. Basically, there is nothing wrong with any of this, it's just that it's sort of a throwback to a different era: pre-internet, and I think to stay current, they should try to increase their web use a little. That being said, the place was apparently completely redone in 2007 and it looks like it could've been done yesterday. Everything looks very new and clean, and I enjoyed their moose theme. Nice headboards on the bed with moose and pine trees on them, etc. There was sort of a generic spa-feeling type picture on the wall in the bathroom though- I would think they should keep more with their theme and have a moose standing by a lake, or a photo involving a water feature in Lassen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to nitpick your decor, just offer an opinion on how to bump it up to 5 stars. :) We also found it a little weird that there were no towel racks- towels were artfully arranged in a pot on the floor which was cool, but we don't mind reusing towels to be more green- and I would've liked someplace good to hang them to reuse them. Besides those little suggestions to make the place even better, I really did like the place, and the owner happened to be there while we were, and he was very friendly and nice to talk to. It was nice being in "downtown" Chester where we could drive across the street each day for a good breakfast at the Copper Kettle ( I think that was the name of it...) and we were also only about 20-30 minutes from the southwest entrance to Lassen. Would definitely stay here again. Great price too- $80/night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Antlers Motel

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Rooms are spotless, and very large. Beds are very comfortable, nice refrigerator and large coffee pot. The manager was super friendly and his son was also very helpful. I highly recomend this as it is half the price of the chain motely that is just down the road. (I have stayed there too and it is nothing special). Great location next to some good food, and the only grocery store in Chester is across the road.

Only negatives are the tiny TV which looks kind of funny on the wall, but I am not here to watch TV (I truly think my laptop has a bigger screen) and it is kind of noisy...you tend to hear alot of your neighbors activities. The internet is free but you have to hunt for the cable, i had to call the front desk and the managers son came and fished it from behind the bed. The internet is not very fast but it is getting the job done.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Dan, the owner, took very good care of us and helped us mine the treasures of the area. The motel was very clean and extremely reasonable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

If you're looking for a reasonably-priced motel room, this is fairly good. However, if you are in a room near the highway or on the bottom floor, you get highway noise plus noise from the floor above. It sounded like a herd of buffalo had moved in above us one night. The rooms are large and well decorated. The mattress has a plastic cover, which takes some getting used to, especially when you're sharing the bed with a restless partner. The bathrooms had no towel bars. The hosts were very helpful with restaurant recommendations. So it's a good motel if you don't mind noise. I do.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2010

A spiffy new motel, well designed with spacious rooms, each having fast wired Internet. Our room had a king bed, easy chair, refrigerator but no microwave, double sink, a quiet air conditioner, and a table near lots of outlets for the laptop. In-room coffee, a dish towel, ceramic mugs, and glass glasses; no paper cups here. The large bathroom was equipped with tub, shower, and big fluffy towels but, strangely, no place to hang up damp towels. Hot water arrives in three seconds. No continental breakfast. This is the best $80 room we have stayed in on our long trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2010

First night of a (4) day motorcycling adventure/trip. Best of (3) places we stayed.
Stayed with (3) friends in (2) double queen bed rooms on a Tuesday night. Extra large rooms with extra large bathrooms. Double sinks, and big shower/toilet room were nice.
Manager was very friendly and helpful in pointing out near by eating places. All rooms are the same price, and a good value when compared to others in town. Would definitely come back when in town again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2010

My family ( two adults, two teenage boys) goes to Chester every year for a Basketball Tournament in early December. The Antlers not only caters to us, but caters to the whole school ( we have 4 teams there) . They make sure everyone staying is from one of the schools attending so we don't have to worry about shushing our boys and girls. This year, we had an unexpected heavy snowstorm on the last day of our stay - because they were concerned with our safety, they allowed ALL OF US to stay another night , even though we did not have reservations and even took in other families staying at another nearby Hotel ( Best Western) who were being kicked out because they did not have another night reserved. The service , cleanliness and friendliness of the staff is the best I've ever experienced in a Hotel/Motel. We will always stay at the Antlers when we are in Chester!!

• Stayed: December 2009

Been to Antlers Motel? Share your experiences!