“Average Sheraton”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cerritos
Los Angeles, CA
“Average Sheraton”
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We checked into the Sheraton on July 2 and stayed until the 4th. My husband & I were looking for something low key and not too far from home. We started the stay in room 209, overlooking the pool. There was some noise from the pool area, it was really crowded with adult & children. We didn't venture out to the pool, it was too crowded.

One of the primary reasons we wanted to spend our long weekend lounging at a hotel was for the coolness of the a/c. Unfortunately the hotel was having problems with the a/c. We moved rooms midway through our first night to 528, a jr. suite, which I was happy with. I'm guessing because we are Starwood Preferred Guests, they gave us the free upgrade (thank you, Bo!). The air was better in our second room, but still not completely as cool as we would like. After making sure there wasn't some trick to operating the thermostat, we talked with the front desk and they let us know that a couple of their chillers were out and they were also having problems with hot water.

Decor in rooms was modern, nice. Bathrooms & bedding were clean. Big lobby, they seem to host lots of meetings & conferences. We didn't eat at the restaurant. For the price we received, we would probably stay here again, but not for more.

3 Thank juliebean06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Provo
Reviewed April 22, 2006

I am a frequent business traveler and this was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a long time. My family decided on a short-notice vacation to Disneyland. Most lodging in that immediate area was unavailable. I now would never stay anyplace else during trips to the Anaheim area. I typically get my lodging thru Priceline (name your own price) and obtained this property in their 3 star category. This location is a very strong 3, or maybe a 4 star property. The hotel is about 10 miles from Disney and is in a very nice, safe location. It was removed enough that it was very relaxing and quiet. There was a very nice shopping area across the street that could provide anything you may of forgotten. The staff was excellent. The location was upscale. The room was very nice/clean, and very quiet. Based on the cars on the parking lot I suspected their occupancy was very low. This was explain the great deal I got from bidding Priceline in the Buena Park area. Because the Arts Center is located in same area I suspect it gets busy after June and rates probably increase.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank BY5260
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 25, 2005

This was a very nice and clean hotel. It felt like the property had maybe some renovations done beacuse it seemed very new from the inside. None of that musty smell you get at some other hotels. The rooms were "roomy and the color scheme was nice. It was also very convenient to have the shopping center across the street. Parking being free was a huge plus as most of the other places in the area now charge about $12 per night. The only thing I noticed that might bother someone is they had something going on in the lobby everyday and you have to pass right by that hall to get to the parking area. The first day it was some Asian appreaciation lunch and they were shopping for clothes (I'm to sure about that one. Then later there was some other function. The next morning a dental hygiene fair was taking place downstairs. It wasn't that bad and the hotel was much nicer than expected. You just never know what kind of hotel you might end up at. These reviews here, I've found to be pretty accurate and I check here first when cosidering a property to stay at.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SF Bay area
Reviewed July 6, 2005

I have stayed here twice now for business. Mostly because its the only thing close to where I work.
First time, I was put over the pool...was noisy. The hotel staff was supposed to order me a cab, and call and confirm (requested on check in.) and never did..good thing I called to confirm...they then booked me with what seemed like most expensive cab/shuttle they could find.
The amenities in the room were sparce.
And noone told me that I could transfer points to my AirCanada miles account.

Second time, I was given an upgrade (why I dont know.) Amenities were better. Room wasnt over the pool.
I really have no complaints about the second trip...even the front desk clerk was knowledgable and helpful (she's the one that told me about transferring my points...too bad she couldnt transfer my stay from a month earlier.)
Even gave me a complimentary breakfast buffet ticket, which I wasnt able to use...as I was in a hurry to get out the next morning.

Stay here..its okay, and at least theres room service and a resturant near by.
(if nothing else.) :)

• Stayed June 2005
LA
Reviewed May 27, 2005

I was very happy with the room and the price and the service we recieved the Sheraton Cerritos.Room(JR Suite) was clean modernly furnished and had a comfortable bed.The bathroom was small but clean.Pool clean with plenty of towels.Parking free and easy.

• Stayed May 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed May 17, 2005

We had a wonderful experience at this Sheraton! Hotel staff was prompt, courteous and friendly... they're ready to answer any questions you may have and are absolutely willing to assist you with directions to local attractions The hotel is beautiful. Our room's view was of the Performing Arts center just across the way -- gorgeous building, very smart looking. The rooms were WONDERFUL... of course hosting the Sweet Sleeper beds. This was a weekend trip for my boyfriend's birthday. When we checked in there were no rooms with 1 queen available to we took a room with two doubles. One evening (just because we could) we pampered ourselves with 1 bed each! The beds host fluffy down pillows and the softest sheets you will ever touch. The mattress seems to hug your body and tuck you in after a long day out on the town. Service from the in-hotel dining room was average price with plentiful and very tasty food. Would recommend this hotel to all!

Tip: The nearby restaurants are VERY BUSY on weekends!!! I don't think Californians like to cook. ;o) We decided to eat just across the street from the hotel on Saturday Night (TGIFridays was the only restaurant that we were able to be seated at without reservations.. and our wait was approximately 40 minutes). Had we known the wait was going to be that long, we would have just ordered room service at the hotel in the first place.

• Stayed March 2005
1 Thank MissJen89117
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 24, 2004

What a wonderful surprise. This hotel was absolutely fabulous! The room was beautiful, the bed luxurious - I felt totally pampered by the staff. I couldn't have been more pleased.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cerritos
La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#3 of 19 in Buena Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress
La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long B...
#1 of 1 in Hawaiian Gardens

Been to Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center? Share your experiences!