“What I expect of Sheraton”

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cerritos
Lakewood, California
“What I expect of Sheraton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I spent six days at this Sheraton in early August, 2013. The first part of our stay was for a convention located in the hotel, with a few extra days at the end for visiting Disneyland and other So Cal attractions.

The hotel itself fulfilled my expectations for a Sheraton hotel: clean, well-designed rooms; effective black-out drapes; good temperature control in the room, despite a heat-wave going on outside; friendly, helpful staff; and finally, comfortable beds and functional bathrooms.

A few "bonuses" at the Sheraton property: it is located across the street from a mall with multiple shopping and dining options, and it is right off a major freeway...although a little hard to find, due to the convoluted street layout in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Also, for those staying on the preferred guest floor, the free breakfast included in the suite package surpasses most free breakfast buffet deals for quality. I actually looked forward to breakfast each morning.

My only negatives from this trip: the on-site restaurant was overly expensive for the value delivered (a common convention hotel malady), and finding an employee at the Starbucks kiosk was a challenge.

Overall, a great stay, and we will come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cristina R, General Manager at Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that the beautiful Sheraton Cerritos Hotel has met your expectations. We are also delighted to know that we will be seeing you again as a returning guest. This is a great compliment to our hotel and staff. Our goal is to always provide our guests with superior service. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit, which we hope will be soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Orange, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Sheraton Cerritos Hotel is conveniently located off of the 91 freeway, and right across the street from the Cerritos Towne Center which includes many shopping, restaurant and entertainment choices such as Wal-Mart, Trader Joe’s, Office Max, Macaroni Grill, Wood Ranch BBQ Grill and an Edwards Theater.

Upon entering the property, there is ample free self-parking which is always a plus since hotels like to overcharge for parking even in remote places.

Entering the hotel is somewhat backwards, as you will walk through the ballrooms in order to get to the front desk. Upon entering the lobby, which is fairly small, the front desk is to the right.

Although the Front Desk Agent wasn’t overly friendly as he hardly said a word. I did get upgraded to the Club Level, although there isn’t a Club Lounge in the hotel. I was also placed into a “Pure Room” which is supposed to “Allergy-Friendly” that also has an in-room air filtration system, which is an air purifier.

Upon entering the room, the bathroom is to the left. There is ample counter space which is always appreciated. There is a shower/tub combo. Although water pressure isn’t all that great, water temperature is excellent with no varying of temperature while taking a shower.

The bedroom is not overly huge, but does have enough space to have a small sitting area with two chairs and a small table.

The desk is somewhat small, and would be difficult to do any work if papers needed to be spread out.

There is a small dresser with flat screen TV.

The air purifier is about the size of a fairly large paper shredder and can be loud if turned onto high. There is no central air conditioning, so the air conditioner is fairly loud.

As there is no Club Lounge, I was given a voucher for breakfast. This allows access for two to the Breakfast Buffet ($15.95) with no substitutions allowed. The buffet is somewhat limited with eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal and congee for hot options. There are also various cereals, breads, muffins, bagels, yogurt and fruit. The quality of the hot food is barely passable as the bacon was really greasy. I would be rather upset if I had to actually pay for the breakfast as a guest.

Despite being fairly close to the freeway, noise was at a minimum. This is a nice hotel for a one night stay, although not especially close to any freeway. The hotel seems primarily geared towards people traveling on business, or if wanting to stay the night if seeing a show or concert at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cristina R, General Manager at Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your comments. We are pleased to know that you found our location and hotel parking convenient. We hope that we will see you again on a return visit.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I like this Hotel because it is between all of my hot spots which are Disney, Ross for less, Roscoes and L.A. Going to L.A from this hotel is good because you don't have to use the I5 which is hell to drive. Also the rooms are nice and I like that you can crack the window for a breeze.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Cristina R, General Manager at Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and found it conveniently located to some of your favorite spots in Southern California. We hope that you will be back very soon to enjoy another stay at the beautiful Sheraton Cerritos Hotel.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a spotlessly clean room. The staff was courteous. There is no valet parking, but that's not an issue since parking is everywhere. The location is superb. Right next to various chain restaurants, Mimis Cafe, Wood Ranch, Wal Mart, Ulta Beauty, Bath and Body Works, full Starbucks, Best Buy, etc., and right off the 91 freeway. They do have a bell man who was very helpful. The hotel offers their green service, meaning if you opt for no housekeeping, you get a 5$ credit per day to use on the hotel property. We stayed on the club floor, but there is no club floor lounge. Breakfast is served downstairs. Toast, coffee, scrambled eggs, oatmeal. Pretty basic, but good. Orange juice was fresh. We had a couple of issues with our room: the air conditioning never seemed to work correctly and most importantly, the water pressure in our seventh floor room was pretty bad. I usually check these things before I unpack, but we were out of time and had to quickly get going, so I had no time to do this and basically got stuck. Even though you are going to drive to get to Disney, the big benefit here is that it is a business hotel, so no hoards of screaming children running around yelling Mickey at the end of the night, or running for free breakfast in the morning. Definitely a quiet hotel. Extra benefit is no parking fee and no extra hotel taxes which you usually have to pay in the Disney district. This is a great hotel because of its location. You can get to Disney, Knotts, Long Beach and other attractions fairly quickly because of the easy freeway access. I would recommend the hotel. Just check for water pressure and air conditioning before you keep the room...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cristina R, General Manager at Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that our fine staff provided you with excellent service during your stay at the Sheraton Cerritos Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the many amenities that our hotel has to offer, as well as, our superior location to many Southern California attractions and destinations. We are terribly sorry that you did not find the water pressure and air conditioning acceptable. We would have gladly had our Engineering department remedy the situation immediately at your request. We thank you for recommending our hotel, and we look forward to having you as a return guest very soon.
Monterey, California, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel itself is nice and
clean, and very easy to get around. My issue was room service. When I checked in, I had no hotel directory or room service menu in my room. I called the front desk and they said they would bring a menu up, they never did. I had to go to the restaurant downstairs. Then to top it off, I left a breakfast menu hanging on my door outside for morning service. The instructions were to place menu on outside door before 2 am, which I did. I had requested a 6:45-7:00 am delivery, at 7:05 I looked out the door to see if my breakfast was coming. I then realized it was not going to come, no one came and picked up the menu. The service except for the bar was bad at this hotel

• Stayed July 2013
Cristina R, General Manager at Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are terribly sorry that we did not pick up your room service order on time. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious with a king-sized bed. Bathroom was roomy with nice and clean tub. The gym is one of the best in all of the hotels I've stayed, machines were not cramped together and there were even foam rollers to use for rolling out the kinks in your back. The bed was comfy and provided a good night's rest. My experience was overall good and I've nothing to complain about.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KazzieWazzie
Cristina R, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Cerritos Hotel at Towne Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay at the Sheraton Cerritos Hotel. It is always a great compliment to hear from another satisfied guest. We will be sharing your kind comments with our staff, who will be equally pleased to know that we have had another happy guest enjoy our beautiful hotel.
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding this weekend. Check in with very easy and the front desk staff were always friendly. The room is spacious, very clean, and comfortable. I have not slept this well in months. The bed was so comfortable and the room was so nice and quiet. We didn't hear hallway noise, outside noise, or anything from the rooms nearby. The a/c worked wonderful and kept the room nice and cool. The bathroom shower was nice and hot with great water pressure. They kept the bathroom stocked with great shampoo, conditioner, lotions, shaving cream, mouth wash and a little loofah poof sponge.
I purchased the room which came with the breakfast buffet included in the price. It was delicious. Hot food and lots of fresh fruit. It was clean and not overly crowded. The staff there was very attentive and kept everything fully stocked.
Internet was fast in the room. Only thing that is a minus about the room is the lack of electrical outlets. The desk was large and had 3 plugs but other than that, no other outlets were accessible without moving furniture.
Parking was plentiful and free. The hotel accepts dogs and there is plenty of space to walk your pup. Lots of sidewalks, trees, and grass.
I used the pool. It is quite small. I think this hotel mostly caters to business guests not so much people who are here in vacation. So that's probably why the pool is small. There were only 9 lawn chairs and two tables in the area. I was there till about 11 a.m. and the pool area was never sunny due to where the building was in relation to the sun. It's a nice clean area.
My cousin had her wedding here. As a guest, it seemed the catering staff was on top of things. We had dinner that was served to us and it was never to a point where you felt like other tables were eating while you were still waiting on your plate to show. They did a fantastic job and the room was lovely.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone and would stay there again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the pool if you are the type that opens your windows. Has the pot...