“Best BBQ I've ever had”

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
Ranked #1 of 173 Restaurants in Cerritos
Dining options: Reservations
Description: CERRITOS RESTAURANT: DINING, CATERING, TAKE-OUT AND GIFT CARDS Superb Food at Great Prices! Wood Ranch's Award-Winning Cerritos restaurant features a menu of highly praised, signature dishes such as: Premium American Baby Back Pork Ribs, Certified Angus Beef(C) (steaks, prime rib, and burgers), USDA Choice Tri-Tip, fresh fish, and chicken. Our Cerritos restaurant also offers a broad selection of fantastic salads, appetizers, and homemade desserts.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Best BBQ I've ever had”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife & I came here on the way home from a day at Disneyland (it's just off the freeway if you're staying in the region of Santa Monica to Manhattan Beach) and could not have been happier with it. Set in a retail park in an affluent area, it's a gorgeous building with plenty of free self-parking nearby. From the moment we walked in the staff made us feel very welcome, and the dining area is lovely; large, dimly lit and classy without being intimidating if you're dressed in your scruffs after a day at a theme park.

We ordered a strawberry smoothie each (which was the best smoothie I've ever had) and, as usual when we go to a new BBQ place, each ordered a combination plate covering a variety of meats and sides. Everything was great, but the standout was the baby back ribs; without a doubt the best ribs I've ever had. And even better, it's reasonably priced. Even with a mountain of food and a drink each it was still less than $70 in total.

If you like good American BBQ food and are able to incorporate a visit here into your LA stay, do everything you can to make sure you do.

• Visited September 2013

Long Beach, California
“Big portions!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I ordered the following:

Natalie's Salad
Half and Half
Prime Top Sirloin
BBQ Chicken Breast
WR Tri Tip

Natalie's Salad: This baby greens salad is served with thinly sliced cucumber, delicious candied pecans, gorgonzola cheese, avocado, and balsamic vinegar. My husband and I shared the half portion. In the future, I will order a full salad for the both of us because the half portion was not enough; I tremendously enjoyed this salad!

Half and Half: Half shredded onions and fries (we ordered sweet potato fries). Although this starter plate is delicious, we will probably not order this in the future because our stomachs immediately got full and we couldn't finish our main meal.

Prime Top Sirloin: We ordered this steak medium rare, and it was cooked to perfection. The seasoning was a bit bland, so we didn't enjoy it too much.

BBQ Chicken Breast: I ordered this meal with steamed broccoli and grilled asparagus. The chicken breasts were cut thinly in half, which might have contributed to the chicken being dry. Furthermore, it tasted as if the chicken was frozen and not fresh. The steamed broccoli was delicious, but the grilled asparagus had too much pepper and seasonings, and I couldn't enjoy the taste of the asparagus. I will definitely not order this meal again.

WR Tri Tip: I order the tri tip without any BBQ sauce, so that I can enjoy the flavor of the tri tip. It was very tasty, but a little dry, so I asked the server for au jus sauce, which moistened it very well.

Terre Haute, Indiana
“The ribs are best of their menu”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Wood Ranch Barbecue serves large portions so be warned. The ribs are tender and delicious not to mention messy. I am not fond of the pulled pork sandwich with pickles on it. I order it without or on eth side. The chicken has an excellent grilled flavor. The salads are large with plenty of toppings. My only negative comment is that during busy hours it takes a long time to get waited on and you see your server rarely, so you are out of beverage before they show again.

Centennial, Colorado
“Best. Service. Ever. Period.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Take note restaurant biz, Wood Ranch is on top of their game! Best service I ever received at a restaurant, hands down! Cozy corner round table booth for our party of 6. Everything was prompt, and I mean everything from seating to plating to receiving the check. They execute flawless teamwork between staff, even though we had an assigned waitress, it was common someone else would come out with something we requested to her, I so appreciate their attention to timeliness over territory. The toddler plate offered of cheerios, banana and slice oranges was a sanity saver for us and the people seated around us for my 2 year old. To be asked and then have our two younger ones served their meals (as opposed to waiting for the entire parties entrees to be done) was another huge bonus. The kids mac&cheese was made with REAL ingredients, not junk kraft box mac like so many other establishments cheaply dish out! I was even asked if I wanted my asparagus steamed or grilled. I'm truly just taken aback by the heightened level of consciousness and courteousness extended by this establishment. The wings, ribeye, tri tip, mashed potatoes, ceasar salad and cobbler shared by those in my family across entrees ordered were executed flawlessly. It's a bit pricey by comparison to other comparable restaurants but with A-ONE service like what they rendered, I would choose them each and every time! I wish they were in Colorado!

“Good Ol' American BBQ”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love ribs period. My friends had a picture of himself holding the most colossal beef rib I've ever seen. (Thinking to myself, gotta try that out!) My friends and I arrive and are immediately greeted by a friendly smile. (Really sets the mood off right) She proceeds to take us to our ginormous booth that had plenty of elbow space which is a necessity for some rib eatin'. Chelsea was our waitress and was awesome in every way a server should be. Even though I originally came for the huge beef ribs I saw in my friend's picture, I ordered the full rack American baby back ribs. It was enough for 6 stomachs! Too bad I only have 4 stomachs. (Over exaggeration) Everything was delicious, EVEN the Mac and cheese that came with the ribs which I usually don't go for. Between the 4 of us, I believe it was fair priced. After the meal, Chelsea was on top of getting boxes and to-go cups and generally being sweeter than the sugar in my ice tea, we felt good leaving a $30 tip for her effort. Looking forward to the next visit :)

• Visited July 2013