“Very convenient for Modesto airport”

Microtel Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ceres
Laguna Niguel, California
“Very convenient for Modesto airport”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Great little hotel. It is just off the 99 highway near Hatch street. It is about 5 miles away from the Modesto airport. I had a very clean room with an extremely large room. Reserved a single queen sized room. Picked a room away from the highway and rarely heard the traffic but it did rumble by occasionally. The room had both wireless and wired internet connections (nice to see two connections these days) and neither one was slow. The breakfast was minimal on choices but I had to leave at 4:30 am and the receptionist put the items together for me at that time! What a great surprise!!! There was a new looking small pool and a workout room on the 3rd floor. The staff are almost all bilingual with Spanish/English. I would have given it 5 stars if it hadn't been located within a stone's throw of the 99 freeway. There is a lot of traffic noise

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel away from the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
mt1760, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave a thorough review. We sincerely appreciate you insights and we are all glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Best wishes from everyone here at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Modesto Ceres.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sacramento
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Firstly, the staff was very nice and they immediately gave me a list of directions to restaurants and fast food, cinemas when i checked in.

The internet was fast and consistent and they had a guest computer with a free printer, I had a few documents to print. They even faxed them for free.

The room was very well maintained with a clean cut look. Nothing fancy but perfect for whats needed. The beds were comfortable, pillow tops I think. The bath had tubs and a really nice show head will several settings and good pressure. Lastly, the breakfast had all the basics and you can even make fresh waffles.

I'll be back here.

Room Tip: Definitely get the single Suite, more space and sofa, microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We checked in on Friday, and left on Monday.

Finding the hotel was a bit of a challenge - my Garmin (with old programming) had no idea where the address was so we made it to the correct road and then called for help. The desk clerk gave clear directions from where we were to the hotel.

The key cards didn't work for the first room, so we returned to the front desk and were given another room. When we returned to the room on Saturday evening, the key cards didn't work for the second room and the desk clerk had to make new ones for us.

The room is small, and there are no lamps. There is lighting above the bed, but it is sun-bright and wouldn't work as a night light or reading lamp, also the switch for it is only on one side of the bed. (I found it by mistake one night and blinded both of us.) Also, the queen bed had 3 pillows, so he and I fought all weekend over the odd pillow. (Yeah, we probably could have gotten another pillow, but where's the fun in that?)

The free continental breakfast was fine - cereal, muffins, other pastry... possibly other things, he brought breakfast back to the room in the mornings so I didn't see it myself.

The room was clean (and I am a neat freak), the price was reasonable. At some point Saturday night, people running in the halls and slamming doors got loud but someone came pretty quickly and brought them back under control.

The fan in the bathroom didn't work very well - my hot shower turned the entire room into a sauna... it even completely fogged up the huge mirror behind the bed. Happily, the window did open enough to keep him from completely melting until the air cleared.

There was plenty of parking. There was a pool too, right off the parking lot, but we only passed it on the way to the car.

Overall, we were looking for a reasonably priced place to sleep, and this hotel provided exactly what we were after. No complaints here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eureecka
mt1760, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for leaving a review and letting us know about what you think so we can continue to make changes to improve upon the guest experience. While the room is designed without a bedside lamp, we will now be keeping spare reading lamps at the front desk for those who request it.

I also recommend everyone to consider our suites if the smaller room doesn't suit your preference or need. Its far more spacious with a wet bar and a sitting area. It is normally no more than a few dollar extra and I definitely recommend it for multiple nights.

Again, I would like to thank you expressing your thoughts on your stay and we will continue to use guest reviews like yours to meet the needs of our future guests.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have stayed at the Microtell modesto/ceres 3 times and i would like to recommend this hotel! very clean and the beds are very comftable!The staff are awesome and friendly and i enjoyed my hole stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Kitchenette suite
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Petaluma, California
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This hotel is, I'm sorry to say, terrible. I could make do with the tiny room. I'm just a business traveler, and there's only me. But, no reading light? What the hell is that about? I can't lie in bed reading my book? Unbelievable. I called the front desk to ask if they had a reading light, and the attendant said no, they didn't. I mean, I realize that many Americans aren't readers, but I know for a fact that many are, and this is the first time IN MY LIFE that I stayed in a hotel that didn't have a bedside light.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Ceres hotels

BUFFALO GROVE
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I have stayed at Microtel Inn @ Modesto for 1 night. Hotel located accross the street from major highway (99) with no sound protection wall, which means traffic traffic traffic and heavy highway noise all night long. Be prepared to hear trucks raving engines, speeding cars, honking through out the night like you are in the middle of the highway. Closing windows and turning AC on high wont help to reduce the noise. Bring your ear plugs and lots of tylenol to fight morning headache!!! Hotel is clean, they also have continental breakfast, but I will not stay here anymore even if they give me a free room for a year.

Room Tip: By hotel design, all rooms with two beds are facing the highway. You will not be able to sleep at ni...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The price of the room was good. We had a great nights sleep. Thought that the traffic from the freeway would bother us but not one bit. The staff was very nice and helpful especially the Indian gentleman at the front desk. The only downfall I would say is they need new sheets. Ours had a hole in it but we just went and got new ones so no big deal. I would say for the price we paid it was a good deal and breakfast was also included

• Stayed June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ceres
Best Western Palm Court Inn
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Best Western Orchard Inn

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!