“HoJo can do better than this”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Modesto Ceres
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ceres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I loved the quality of the room, the clenliness and ther service rendered. Very professional and affordable. I would stay there once again if the occassion arises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Manuel G
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The pros were that the room was a good size. Sink has its own area ,with lots of counter space, just outside the bath/shower room. Beds were comfortable and being in California during a heat wave, the air conditioning was amazing.

As for the cons, The front desk clerk obviously hates his job. He seemed to be annoyed that we were interrupting his break. When we came to ask for towels, he rudely told us we had to wait for housekeeping. In the room, the carpet was FILTHY. I couldn't believe it when my daughter jumped onto the bed and her feet were obviously dirty. Of course I try to keep them in flip flops in hotels (you never know), but you know how kids are. Also, the location of the hotel leaves much to be desired. There's so much loud noise from Hwy. 99 that we could hear at the far end of the building. Over the weekend, there were lots of party renters, probably because of the hotel's resasonable prices . I was actually concerned for my family, and my rental car. I read the reviews for this location and saw nothing negative concerning the area, so I assumed it was safe. Although I couldn't get a refund for my online booking, I truly considered moving to a better neighborhood.

I personally would not stay at this hotel again. I'd opt for a better location with friendlier staff and cleaner rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lan98226
Beaumont, California
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel was good for the price. Nice room and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ceres
Microtel Inn & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Ramada Modesto
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn Modesto Ceres? Share your experiences!