“Great location and company”
Review of CazSonoma Inn

CazSonoma Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cazadero
CazSonoma Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cazadero
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Location is very special and beautiful. Second to that, we enjoyed most the innkeeper's conversation and the company of other guests. Breakfast a tad stingy. Dinner enjoyable as much or more from the innkeeper's description than in the tasting relative to the cost. Proprietor seems to be attempting to create formal European style landscape in front which seems out of place in the middle of a redwood forest. On the side is an artificial waterfall and pond created by previous proprietor from decades ago and again seems to be a vain attempt to improve on nature but perhaps worth preserving as an historic artifact and current proprietor does a good job at that.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
There are newer reviews for CazSonoma Inn

Reviewed June 22, 2007

My daughter, 14, and I took a spur of the moment road trip and I chose this B & B for our first stop. The sign at the entrance - about 4 minutes up a dirt road - says "a work in progress" and this is true. The house is very large and in the older 50's lodge style that would make my parents cry with nostalgia. The main floor has a large dining room overlooking a gorgeous creek. Also on the main floor is a bar and a sitting room with comfortable couches, a large stone fireplace and lots of books to choose from. The owner was very friendly and though there was evidence that the place has lots of visitors -especially for the occasional lecture/wine tasting dinners- it was so quiet my daughter said it was spooky. We were the only guests that night.

Though we did not buy the $25/person dinner, the choices sounded wonderful. Instead we went into Guerneville (about 20 minutes) and ate at the Main Street Station - wonderful food - and listened to a local jazz band that really put a smile on my daughters face. The interior is clean and the beds were very comfortable. The decorating in the rooms was charming and though we did notice a few places where the walls/ceilings need some work and one window did not close completely, it did not affect our enjoyment. The breakfast in the morning was delicious - eggs, jalapeno turkey sausage, seasoned home fried potatoes, cantaloupe with thick cream and cinnamon. After breakfast Renee gave us a cup of cat food and we went to the pond to feed the trout - that was cool!

The only disappointment was we were unable to get enough hot water for a satisfyingly hot bath. On the other hand, we are used to a recirculating pump and may not have run the water long enough. If we go back I'll ask Renee about it.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed October 30, 2006

My wife and I had one of the most peaceful vacations of our lives. The food and wine were excellent. The hostess, Renee, was a love. Alfie, the six towed cat became our new best friend. My wife borrowed a book from the Shakespeare library and I wrote a poem. Viewed the waterfall from our room and walked the Italian gardens. Felt so insignifient under the towering redwoods. No tv's, no telephones, cell phone don't work. Sorry I had to return to San Francisco. J. Butler

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank jbutler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cazadero
Timber Cove Resort
#1 of 1 in Occidental
Valley Ford Hotel
Valley Ford Hotel
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford

Been to CazSonoma Inn? Share your experiences!