“I loved my stay at Ratna Ling” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ratna Ling Retreat Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cazadero
Ratna Ling Retreat Center
USA
“I loved my stay at Ratna Ling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

I booked a personal retreat at Ratna Ling after traveling for months, as a way to regroup before the holidays. A bit difficult to find, the place is a hidden jewel. Ratna Ling is a fully functioning residential community, with a publishing company on its grounds. However, the personal retreats are across the street in a separate area. All rooms are private cabins wonderfully outfitted with luxury bedding, sitting rooms, small refrigerators, coffee/tea facilities, spacious bathrooms, and decks either looking at over redwoods, the next valley, or the grounds. The price of your cottage includes all meals, and guests can join the community for morning meditations, and/or yoga classes if one desires. The food is good, but there were a few blips, which could be explained by the fact that their chef became ill, and an emergency replacement chef cooked a few meals that were frankly barely edible including some sort of lentil loaf. However, before the demise of the chef the meals were wonderful, fresh, and as much as possible locally sourced. There is a genuine air of serenity at Ratna Ling, and a clear desire by those who live there to create a place for reflection, healing, and growth. There are some good hiking trails nearby that take one through redwoods to the beach, but in general one goes there to stay at the retreat center, rest, regroup, and heal. They accomplish this better than almost anyone else I know.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank savvytraveler101

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I found Ratna Ling to be beautiful, peaceful and mystical. Although I was only there for a few days, I felt transformed and that feeling still lingers with me even 3 weeks after returning home. Not since my childhood, in an extremely rural and undeveloped part of the South, have I experienced such complete quiet. Ratna Ling is so peaceful that it allows one to really listen to the voices within. At night, it is so dark and free of light pollution that the explosion of stars will amaze you. The wildlife, including flying wild turkeys, entire families of deer, and even the occasional fox, will make you feel connected to nature.

Shockingly, amongst all this amazing nature, has been perfectly constructed the most ecologically conscious and gorgeous 5 star luxury cabins I have ever been privileged to stay in. Bill Gates and Oprah would be comfortable here. This is such a unique destination. Nestled in the beautiful redwoods of Northern California, Ratna Ling is a peace of heaven not to be missed while here on earth.

Lastly, I must rave about the food. It was wonderfully fresh, and many of the vegetables, herbs and teas were grown on the property. The eggs organic and delicious were from a nearby farm. No detail was missed in making my experience at Ratna Ling a wonderfully enchanting experience. From my first phone call to Chelsea who worked quickly and diligently to get me the last minute dates I was requesting to Tracy and Annette who warmly greeted me as though I were a friend showing up for lunch when I arrived weary from my drive, it was all perfect and I can't wait to return!

Note that although I was there for a personal retreat, Ratna Ling offers business retreats, workshops, seminars, and meetings in state-of-the-art conference facilities, as well as, of course, personal retreats. This kind of peace and quiet is so rare in our modern world, that I chose to write this review in hopes of sharing and spreading the newly found peace and comfort I gained through my trip there :o) Blessings to all!

Check out their website at [--].

Room Tip: Every cabin is gorgeous! Luxurious, eco-conscious, perfect. They are all quiet, and each has a uni...