“Give me a break”

Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Cayucos
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I do not know what the fuss is about but it was below average. I had the salmon and there was so much sauce, you could not taste the fish, so if you want a sauce sandwich, this is the place to go. Over priced at best!!!

My wife had the special of the day in a wrap. WHERE'S the filling!!! All wrap, and small!

The past reviews must have been folks who were starving because it was not great and the two staff there treated us like we were an inconvenience and there was no one else there.

We are here for a month. Would we go back? An unequivocal NO.

1  Thank Carnarvon50

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Great smoked fish and cheese! We bought some to take back to our room to have with some crackers and fruit....OMG it is the best smoked fish I have ever had. Not a restaurant, so you can sit outside with your purchase or take it to go, but oh so good. Next time I will try the pork tacos, I hear they are the best!

1  Thank CampingFoodies
Reviewed October 21, 2010

It may look like a dive but the fish tacos are every bit as good as you've heard!

1  Thank sethfromca
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I'll go along with previous reviewers..this is a GREAT place for smoked fish tacos. We have eaten here many times and we can't wait to go back.

However, for future readers I think it needs to be pointed out that this is not a restaurant, per see. It is a "shop" selling smoked fish including wonderful smoked fish tacos. Very friendly...!!

The "seating" is outside....a couple of plastic tables on the sidewalk. We have done what others have done....namely taken our fish tacos back to our hotel/motel room and had a wonderful feast...!!

So....we're not really reviewing a "restaurant"....just a good place to eat. I'll therefore go along with other reviewers and give Ruddell's Smokehouse Five Stars. Give it a try...!!!

1  Thank ebrynnie
Reviewed August 29, 2010

If in the Morro Bay Cayucos area you will be doing yourself a favor by stopping in a Ruddell's Smokehouse and having a taco or two. I had the albacore and the salmon and it was some of the best I have ever eaten. It will take 10 minutes to make but will worth the wait. Only downer is I could not get any shipped back to NC. Ken W.

1  Thank GPLazer