My husband and I have stayed at this fantastic B&B twice now and plan to return again. We always have a wonderful time when staying at this very comfortable spot which really feels like you are staying in a private home. We've stayed both times in room 202 downstairs, which is generously large with a huge king size bed that is luxurious and ridiculously comfortable - so much so that you may have a hard time getting out of it. There is a romantic fireplace in the room, as well as a jetted tub in the bathroom, which we love. We typically leave the window looking directly out onto the water open at night and are lulled to sleep by the sound of crashing waves. We love the evening wine tastings and have met some truly wonderful people while munching on snacks, sipping wine and relaxing in the front room. There is a rooftop jacuzzi that we've tried to use twice now and sadly haven't had the opportunity (first time, there were already people in it - I suggest getting there early and the second time the water wasn't warm enough for us to enjoy it). Breakfast is by far my favorite part about this gem - the food is always outstanding and different every day. You'll typically have a choice of your main breakfast dish and there are always extras like fruit, toast and bagels, yogurt, coffee and tea, etc. I will say that while room 202 is beautiful, it gets a bit noisy in the morning, as it is directly across from the kitchen and they begin cooking early - though it is always great waking up to something that smells delicious being prepared! My husband is a huge fan of the nightly dessert that is left in the front room - sometimes fresh-baked cookies and other treats. He loves wandering out in his robe in the middle of the night for a sweet treat. The location of this property is unbeatable - if you were any closer, you'd be in the water. Seconds away from the pier, and don't forget your wetsuit for surfing or paddle boarding right outside your door (rent boards at Cayucos Surf just next door). There are a ton of great restaurants all within walking distance - for Chowder, Duckies always fits the bill, Hoppe's has an excellent upscale lunch, don't miss the Cass House for dinner and stop in the Brown Butter Cookie Co. for free samples. For an after dinner drink, hit Schooner's Wharf and mingle with the colorful crowd of locals at the upstairs bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a luxury inn located in the small, casual, surf town of Cayucos, on the central coast of California. All ocean views are a full 180 degrees and all rooms have private balconies, jacuzzi tubs and gas fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your On The Beach Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On The Beach Hotel Cayucos
- On The Beach Bed And Breakfast