My husband's birthday was Saturday and a LivingSocial Escape for On The Beach B&B came out on Thursday. I thought for sure it would be booked up but was thrilled to make it all come together for a little surprise birthday present (we actually stayed Sunday night). Our room was GORGEOUS!! I had had a choice of a full-ocean view with two queens or a partial-ocean with a king (my choice). The room was beautiful...large, comfortable, clean...perfect! We did some wine tasting before check-in, then got settled in our room in time for their social hour and sunset. We walked to Schooner's Wharf for dinner. In the morning we had coffee and some yogurt and granola during the pre-breakfast hour and then sat in the hot tub for a while enjoying the beach view...then back downstairs for a lovely "brunch" (they serve breakfast until 11am) before checking out.
I'm sure the summer experience would be a lot different, but we just really enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of a beach town in winter...we cruised the antique malls and shops along the main drag and then headed home (just 2 hours).
We would definitely go back to On The Beach if given the opportunity. The LivingSocial certificate made it affordable for us, which I am not sure it would be under normal circumstances, and we would love to do it again sometime!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a luxury inn located in the small, casual, surf town of Cayucos, on the central coast of California. All ocean views are a full 180 degrees and all rooms have private balconies, jacuzzi tubs and gas fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your On The Beach Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On The Beach Hotel Cayucos
- On The Beach Bed And Breakfast