We booked a room here in Nov. 06 for our June wedding. We were only going to stay the first night of honeymoon. When we booked it we paid $219 for an ocean-view room. The hotel must've changed ownership that year because it was called Pierpointe Inn at the time of the booking. When I made the reservation I put in the comment section that it was the first night of our honeymoon so I was hoping to get a nice room. We arrived in June at what was now called "On the Beach" in late afternoon. A young girl showed us to a street view room. We could see a Chevron gas station out the window. I reminded her that we had booked an ocean view room. She told me that would cost more but that I could upgrade (somewhere between $300-400). I told her I shouldn't have to pay more b/c when I booked it, I paid what was the ocean view price at the time and it was on my printed receipt. She left us in the hall, with all our bags while she ran downstairs to call her boss. She came back up a few minutes later and told us we could have an ocean view room. The room was luxurious & beautiful. The next morning we had to leave just before 8AM to catch a flight. The lobby was dark & empty. There was no coffee, not even a muffin. Not only that, we couldn't find any place to leave our room key. We finally slid it under the door of the locked reservation room/front desk and left. I sent the manager a letter in Sept. letting them know that the service wasn't very good. I thought they would like to know. I got a letter back stating that since I got the ocean view room I shouldn't complain and that I shouldn't bother coming back there since "sometimes people are just not happy". She also wrote "If a guest ever has any type of bad experience while here and is reasonable, I make extreme efforts to rectify and improve the situation." while writing that anything I was unhappy with was my fault. We ended up staying at a Westin later that week and when the receptionist overheard that it was our honeymoon week she had a bottle of champagne & truffles sent up. The Westin is a huge impersonal hotel yet they were able to make us feel good about being there.
It was definitely kind of disappointing to stay at On the Beach when we had been looking forward to it for so long. We could tell by the letter we got that they couldn't care less about us as future guests. The Cayucos Beach Inn, across the street, is a much better value and the service is more professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a luxury inn located in the small, casual, surf town of Cayucos, on the central coast of California. All ocean views are a full 180 degrees and all rooms have private balconies, jacuzzi tubs and gas fireplaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your On The Beach Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On The Beach Hotel Cayucos
- On The Beach Bed And Breakfast